Holes in aluminum deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topcat5011

Reaction score
Hey guys when I purchased my boat I had them install a minn Kota trolling motor without a quick release bracket(dumb on my part). Well now I've decided I want one because white and camo dont blend together for upcoming duck season. So my question is how can I fill in the current holes its mounted in now, so when I take the motor off there aren't six holes in the front deck?

Thanks everyone!

I've tried to imagine everything possible to cover up these holes :roll: . I have even thought about sea dek. I think some aluminum epoxy to fill in the holes then sand flat, roll on some Bed liner then paint to match the boat. After writing that I think sea dek would be easier. Ohh the joys of owning a boat :LOL2:

Whatever size bolt that comes with the minn Kota trolling motors for mounting. No I don't plan on using them again. If I install the quick release bracket I will have to drill 4 new holes and I'm pretty positive none of them match the holes in there now.

Then a dozen different ways or nothing at all.

Bondo bump with paint or even leave it alone and camo around it.

Just call them lightening holes if someone asks.

Latest posts