Project Budget Build-Aquatic version

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcrewcaptain

Reaction score
Hey folks, been lurking for a while and soaking some things in, now that a good number of the puzzles pieces have arrived, it's time to begin assembling the mess.
I'm Jeff, and I'm a cheapskate, real cheap. So any things I do are going to be as close to free as possible. I have a wife and a 3yr old, so you know where my money goes. I have to save my allowance for a while to be able to get my own toys. :lol:
I've been working on a couple other projects the last couple years, namely a couple campers.
I like the older stuff, more fun to work on.
Project budget build#1 was a 1978 Apache Ramada hard side pop up...here is a link for anyone interested https://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=20401.0
Project budget build #2 is my current camper, a 76 Shasta https://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25147813/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

I grew up on a 300 acre lake in central Va, so water isn't anything new to me, haven't had my own boat ever though, so it was all about to change.(plus the 3yr old needed his introduction).
So I ended up trading a go cart I had for an unknown yr Smoker Craft 12footer.(unknown age as I know it's newer than the age it is titled as, but the older the better when avoiding hassle during dealing with a lost title boat.
Exactly what I was looking for...a blank slate. A nice unmolested boat...for now
First thing will be to get it out in the water and see what I need to tweak. It came with a 55ln Minn-Kota and 2 marine batteries that were about a month old.
I know everyone loves pics, so here they are.
smokercraft013_zpsd322a063.jpg

smokercraft014_zpsefd02ca5.jpg

smokercraft015_zpsdb8fdd7e.jpg

smokercraft0111_zpsbd072645.jpg

Cleaning it up well and deciding what the overall look is going to be, possibly just clean it up and go with it for now, but I'm not real good about leaving things alone.
I just picked up a trailer today, I will give that it's own thread in that sections, it's going to be more fun than the boat I think.
Hopefully I'll have this combo in the water in the next couple weeks, we shall see!
Tomorrow garage cleanout begins, so the pair of projects can make their way inside!

Latest posts