1/23/09 Brunners Island

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl_rotary

Reaction score
I had plans to meet up with Joe, from Willow Grove, PA and go to Brunners Island early in the morning. He calls alittle after 5am and is at my house 10 minutes later. We pack up my car with his and my gear and are off to Brunners by 530am and there around 6am, already 1 vehicle in the parking lot and a few parked along the road before the parking lot. The water was lower than I like, but it was warm and very very clear. By 630am I landed my 1st fish of the day, I lost atleat 3-4 fish today, 1 was a nice smallie that got off 3 ft away from me :(
2009-01-23001-1.jpg

I kept casting to the same spot and pulled out these 2 walleye and 1 piggy smallie. The pic of the smallie is on Joe's camera, so he will have to post that pic. I also got These 2 fish from the same spot. The littler one fought more the bigger one, I thought the littler one was gonna a big one.
2009-01-23003.jpg

2009-01-23004-1-1.jpg

By this time it was about 730am and the sun was peeping through the steam/fog. I thought I got another nice fish, but turned out to be a foul hooked gizzard shad.
2009-01-23005.jpg

2009-01-23006-1.jpg

We had nothing for the next hour or so, we move to another area and I get a LM bass and Joe catches a small turtle ???, once again on his camera Joe will post the pic. He also found what he thought was a musky jaw
2009-01-23009.jpg

We relocate and find some more fish. At this time Joe still didnt catch a fish, but not for long....he gets this smallie ;D and I get a few too ;D
This was it for the action for the rest of the day. We fished for another 2 hours and went down Gutt road and I only found 1 fish there, it was really low there. I did see a man and lady leave with a stringer full of catfish though.
2009-01-23011.jpg

2009-01-23012.jpg

2009-01-23013.jpg

2009-01-23014.jpg

2009-01-23015.jpg

The fish caught on Gutt Road. Just alittle guy.
2009-01-23016.jpg

It was a great day for myself on the river today. Nice and warm later in the day, I even shead a few layers cause I was too warm :)
I cant wait to go out again. Oh yeah it was a zoo out there today. I thought it wouldnt be on a Friday, but it was really packed, must of been the warm weather.

Nice work, those are a bunch of nice looking fish. I can't wait to get back out there, it is so much fun to fish there, especially since everything else is frozen solid :cry:

Glad somebody is tearing them up... it got up to around 65-67 degrees here today and out of 4 boats in the water, I was the only person to catch a fish... and I mean A fish (only one)

Great job guys! I plan on getting back out there on Monday myself. Does anyone know of a bait shop near there? My dad is a big shiner fisherman.

Captain Ahab said:
Good job

Now you are both banned from fishing there without me!

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Sure thing :---) I cant promise you that, I might be going tomorrow morning

And Joe it was great to wet a line with you, cant wait to do it again.