11-4 to 11-22-09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hengstthomas

Reaction score
11-4-09 Garrisons Lake
I hit the Lake at noon and picked off a few fish while waiting for willfishforfood and delawarefisher . The fish bite OK till Steve showed up and then the bite slowed . I got nothing but 5" WP in the Spillway but landed a few like these in the Lakes ..
100_4634.jpg

100_4635.jpg

100_4636.jpg

100_4638.jpg

100_4639.jpg

100_4640.jpg

I got 3 small LMB , 2 Gills and about 12 nice Crappie when Steve arrived . It didnt take him long to shake the skunk either ..
100_4641.jpg

After some "pone tag" Keving finally makes it too and he gets one too to break the ice ..
100_4642.jpg

Kev and Steve decided to leave and hit another nearby place for Stripers but didnt get a hit so Kevin headed back home and Steve rejoined me . When they left the sun was just starting to dip and the Crappie had begun to bit good again with me landing 3 in a row as they walked off and picking up another 15 or so until Steve returned . Joesh (fishforever) also showed up and fished for a bit too . The bite had again died although we saw some activity . I moved around and picked up 3 more Crappie before we all decided to cal it a night .. Atleast No one got skunked .
No Stripers today again but still some nice pullage .
Great to see everyone ... Hope we can do it again soon !

11-4 / 11-5 Silver Lake (Crappie @ NIGHT )
Sport and I headed to Silver Lake around 10pm . We started out on the beach again and picked up a few Crappie but soon decided the bridge was the place to be and headed over .. GREAT choice !
We found Crappie everywhere around the bridge and out as far as you could cast . It was very calm and quite comfortable . I hooked up to something decent that turned out to be a 4 to 5 pound Catfish but I busted it off trying to lift it on the bridge .
We fished till about 2am catching well into the triple digits with Crappie from 6 to 12 inches .

We returned last night at 7:30pm and found the winds stiff and a tad colder but the fish were stacked again .. We stayed for about 3 hours pounding Crappie ..
IMG00240.jpg

One of these nights I'm gonna hook a Striper or Hybrid while trying for Crappie ;):)
If anyones interested in some "Nocturnal Crappie" please let me know .. Its a blast and doing this can only help your SW game .. I promise !

11-7-09 Diamond , Wagamons & Milton Town Docks
Started off at Diamond Pond at 2pm and found a decent Crappie bite so I played it out for 2 hours and left them biting :)
Began with a 2" White Apex Twister ..
100_4643.jpg

Very nice day out for sure .. A tad windy but beautiful ..
100_4644.jpg

Caught quite a bit on the Twister ..
100_4645.jpg

Switched to a 2.5" Fin"S" and picked up some bigger Slabs :)
100_4646.jpg

Deadly I tell ya :);)
100_4647.jpg

100_4648.jpg

So I wanted to hit Wagamons before dark so I packed it in at 4pm and hit Wagamons Pond .
I started at the boat ramp and picked up 2 small Gills and a tiny 4" Crappie and then moved towards the spillway .. I didnt get another bite . A friend , Nick stopped and we both tried for another 15 minutes and then we both headed to the Park ..
My first cast at the Park produced a nice 10" Crappie then I missed another while Nick was playing with some small Gills . I got another Crappie around 10" then Jeff showed up and Nick had to leave . So bambeklr and I shot the sh!t for a bit as I landed 1 more Crappie , it was dark by this time and I had to leave to pick up the woman .. Her last day working at the beach .
Seems to me that Wagamons has another month to go before she gives up her bounty and the Park also need a few nice cold nights to stack them up right nice .. Now Diamond on the other hand is always primed and ready .. Man I love that place :)

11-7-09 Silver Lake (Night Part 2)
Jimmy called and said he was near so I geared up and met him at Wawa at 11:45pm . We hit the Lake at midnight and just like we left it they were just a smacking :) Jimmy said he never caught a Crappie and not only that but he landed atleast 2 nice Pounders around 12 to 13 inches .
Jimmy it was a pleasure and I hope you had a blast so we can do it again soon ;)
The weather really layed on us hard and by 3am I was so cold it hurt .. I tell Jimmy I aint got much left and he says the same but we pick off a few more and then call it a night at 3:45am .
Picture.jpg

Jimmy your gonna find that you were spoiled tonight :)
Of all the fish in the World this is the one I should be a guide with .. Man I love Crappie fishing !!

11-9-09 Silver Lake (Day) Monster LMB
I fished from 1pm to 4pm . The water was that perfect Black/Clear just like I like it . Most Pond and Lakes in this area have water like this from all the leaves .
Saw a few folks fishing below the dam with nothing going on so I hit my "go to" spot and first cast and first fish ..
100_4649.jpg

Thats one of the smallest LMB I have ever caught . Things turned around quick and I started bailing Crappie ..

Got snagged on the structure (Dam control box) and lost everything and then did it again on the next cast but tis time they both popped off so I hurried and tied on a Crappie Buster (Marabou Jig) and snagged my rigs back . It took 3 casts to get my bobbers back and I even managed a nice Crappie in the mean time :)

100_4650.jpg

100_4651.jpg

Rerigged with a 2.5" Fin"S" and ripped lips until my ride arrived at 4pm .
Saw ihuntde but he just did a drive by and said HI .. You should have stopped Rick .. It was a very Good day :)

11-10-09 Silver Lake
Decided to try something a bit different today . I got to the Bridge at 5:30 am ad tossed the Chart 2,5" Fin"S" that was already rigged from the last trip and got 3 nice Crappie in a row ..
100_4654.jpg

Couldnt get another bite on the Fin"S" so back to the 2" White Twister and picked them off steady until the sky started to lighten up .. The bite slowed and I got 1 out of 3 were Gills ..
100_4655.jpg

By this time the Crappie have stopped completely and it was about 10 gills to 1 small LMB ..
100_4657.jpg

I got 2 LMB so the 20 or so Gills made me decide to move.
I have not caught 1 fish from the West side of the bridge yet so I went to the small park area where I taught the grandson to fish with arties at age 4 . It's at the traffic light past the bridge .
100_4661.jpg

100_4660.jpg

100_4659.jpg

Caught about 25 Crappie and then a big boat decided to see how fast he could go and shut off the fish .
I made another move ..
In this picture you can see a rocky shoreline on the other side so thats the plan .. I looked for any signs that said anything about No this or no that and saw ZERO signs at all so I walked out and sat down on a nice comfy rock and didnt move for 3 more hours .
First was another dink LMB ..
100_4662.jpg

Then Crappie Crazy .. Only downfall is this was the worst ratio for big to small but it also was the most fish I have found yet as most fish came on the fall and I hartdly had to move the bobber at all .. They were everywhere I casted .. I fancasted the whole area and found the best spot and picked it clean .. Found another hot spot and again done so on the 3rd school the Gills invaded ..
100_4663.jpg

Pretty big bait for such an dink Gill but they ate it up .. The biggest Crappie were also on that Yum Twister .
100_4664.jpg

Silver Lake 11-15-09 (A Natural Is Born)
Took Zachary out for some nocturnal Crappie and we get there and I take his rod and make a cast and hand him the rod stating thats where he wants to cast and before I can turn my head ..
Zack001.jpg

I think he caught 3 before I got in the water and then we had a visitor from the Lake ..
Zack003.jpg

Zack004.jpg

Zack005.jpg

Zack006.jpg

I tried to give him a Crappie but he just stepped over it and kept foraging ..
Zachary got real good real fast and was whipping my butt ..
Zack007.jpg

Zack008.jpg

He really started to show off right before 5am ..
Zack009.jpg

Zack010.jpg

Zack011.jpg

Zack012.jpg

I'm not sure what this flag represents .. ??
Zack013.jpg

We made a move and I thought I'd get to redeem myself but be it as it was he kicked arse ..
Zack014.jpg

Just so you know I did catch a few too :)
Zack015.jpg

Zack017.jpg

I had given Zachary instuctions that when he was ready to just say so but he hung tight for 10 hours but less than a minute into the ride home :) ..
Zack018.jpg

I have a feeling we'll be doing this quite a bit over the winter :):)
I am sure its safe to say he caught well into the triple digits with Crappie alone not to mention Gills and the LMB and Catfish and ALL on arties . At one point I thought we'd take a break and get some coffee and hot chocolate and then hit Walmart where I picked up 2 glow sticks for Zack , not that he needed the help and in fact it took his attention away from what he was doing before so I took it off and ALL was well .. What a great night and morning .

Oh the water is 2 feet higher than normal in the Lake and gushing beneath the Spillway .. We saw some decent fish too but what we had was WAY too light to get down to them and the jigs just skated across the top of the water .. Incase you cant read between those lines there are STRIPERS in the Spillways again :)

11-19-09 SLABS !!
Sport and I have been getting out and catching some decent Crappie as well as other species and a wrong turn found us at an unknown body of water . We slayed some of the thickest Crappie I have ever seen .. Unbelievable !
Anyhow we have fished Silver Lake during the nights and hit some lower DE Ponds and Lakes during the daylight with excellent results .
We loaded up the canoe this morning and decided to hit this spot again and we fished from about 6:30am to about 4pm "ish" . We landed well over 100 Crappie with about 95 percent being over 12" and over a pound easy .
Check out this ones eyeball ..
100_4669.jpg

Other side ..
100_4670.jpg

Sport with nice Slab (Average for the day) ..
100_4671.jpg

Me with another ..
100_4668.jpg

We both got a few Pickerel and well as lost a few including one real nice one that bit off my jig ..
100_4667.jpg

100_4666.jpg

Sport with a nice fat LMB ..
100_4665.jpg

Cooler shot ..
100_4672.jpg

Halfway through the day I went to set the hook and had a terrible pain shoot through my elbow ( Fishing Elbow) and it didnt and hasnt gotten any better . I wish it were because today was one of the best days ever for Freshwater for us both and I had much more to post but even typing is difficult so here's another cooler shot to help ya fill in the blanks .
100_4675.jpg

=D> =D> =D> That report was awesome....Kinda like reading a good book... Some great pictures too really great fish shots and lake shots...Keep up the good work me friend...I got that ole fishing elbow meself hurts like heck sometimes after a day of fishin even hurts to pic a cup of coffee up sometimes oh well sometimes ya just gotta suck it up... went and got me a steroid shot in it helps some... doc said best thing to do is rest it...I told him doc I got a lot of fishin to do what ya mean rest it :lol: ...Maybe I'll rest it in jan and feb maybe ...Congrats again and keep the reports coming ....JIGGY