12' Sears V Hull Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theman543

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new here and this is my first post but I've already found a ton of useful info and inspiration on this site. I just picked up what I believe is a 1970 Sears 12' aluminum boat, 1960 Sea King 5hp outboard, and a trailer for $375. It also came with oars, gas tank, anchor, the paperwork for everything, and all that good stuff.

Since I picked this up so late in the year I plan to make it my winter/spring project and have it ready for the water next summer. I want to keep my modifications pretty simple in order to keep the weight and costs to a minimum. The ideas I have for the boat so far include new transom wood, repaint the inside of the hull, give the bottom a good cleaning, add a storage compartment in the front, and add some rod holders. I also plan on giving the trailer a fresh coat of paint and the motor a tuneup while I'm at it. It will probably be a slow moving project but the goal is to have her completed by the month of May. :mrgreen:

Here's some pics of what it looks like now. I plan to keep the thread updated with my progress!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 545
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 545
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 545
That will be a nice little package when you get done. Nice warm-up for the succession of boats you will buy, fix up, use and then want something bigger, wider, taller, deeper, faster...etc.

Welcome. It's gonna be fun.

=D> :mrgreen: =D>

Welcome to TinBoats! :mrgreen:

Great place here with a lot of great info & a great bunch of people!

Nice boat!... Good-luck with your project, and post plenty of pics!