12ft Jon Boat mod finally finished!!! - New Member/first mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Froggy said:
I like how you did them runners on the trailer, same boat I have, man them seats are high....two guys packing heat, lots of weight...

I know, I'm a little nervous about it. I just hope there is is enough weight in the bottom to to balance it. [-o<

jw2,

That was a great rebuild, looked totally different. Hope you catch a lot of fish this year and enjoy the mods you've completed.

dixie_boysles said:
dyeguy1212 said:
marine epoxy is marine epoxy in that situation...
What do u mean? Sorry man, like I said I am VERY new to this. My very first boat mod. I don't know what peoples opinions are on marine epoxy. I have seached and seen all kinds of different ways to fix rivets. One way is to "rebuck" them and seal. I've seen others have theirs welded. I am leaning that way on two front rivets but I'm not sure. What do u think?

Sorry, haven't check this thread in a while. I guess I misread the question.. I thought you were asking if the loctite marine epoxy would work, compared to other brands.

You pretty much nailed it.. fixing rivets is a crap shoot. In my opinion, if they are still really tight, but just leaky, i'd throw some epoxy on it and call it good. But if they are visibly loose, I'd rebuck them, or weld it up if I had the resources.

Doug said:
jw2,

That was a great rebuild, looked totally different. Hope you catch a lot of fish this year and enjoy the mods you've completed.

thank you! I hope so too! Can't wait to get out there and learn some new tricks!