14' Fiberglass boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhughes

Reaction score
Hello all. First time poster here. Just wanted to share my boat project with everyone. I found this boat on craigslist in NC. I got the boat and the trailer for $200. The trailer itself was well worth the price. The boat was ugly, but looked to be in decent shape. All we did was patch up old screw holes from an old fish finder on the back of the boat and some other nicks and marks on the bottom, then replaced the wood on the front platform with treated wood, and removed the bench in the back. Then we spraypainted th ouside of the boat with plain white spraypaint, painted the sides of the inside of the boat with this truck bed liner stuff that my brother had left over, and put down new carpet.

I don't know what kind of boat it is or what year, but after sanding the sides you could see a decal that said Sea Runner.

Here are a couple of before pics.

71h6o0.jpg

2ujhvls.jpg

And after, a little low quality as they were taken with a cell phone.

25icfw7.jpg

For the motor, I also found it on craigslist. I got that for $150. The guy had it in his garage and said it ran 2 years ago but hadn't run it since then. When I finally tested it out on the water, it started and ran fine, but it wouldn't go in forward gear. After determining it was either the clutchdog or the gears, I purchased a new lower unit off ebay for $100. Put the new lower unit on and we were set to go. Also put a paint job on the hood of the motor.

14xzalx.jpg

w6qu11.jpg

I really love the motor. It's awesome. We're going on our first fishing trip on the boat next weekend. W'e're going to be fishing in the Little River Inlet in SC.

Latest posts