1436 Semi V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thad.

Reaction score
OK, instead of starting on my Monark I bought another project.

It has some leaking rivets that previous owners tried to fix by slathering everything from silicone to bedliner on them. Should be interesting to see what's underneath it all.

The front deck might need a little work.

You mean I needed more than one can of spray paint?

Also, I have never seen a transom like this- it's 6 inches thick. Any ideas?

Regarding the transom. That's a splash well, in case water comes over, hence the drain holes. I have a splash well, but it is open underneath.

It's almost six inches thick- what's inside it?
Also, I have no idea what kind of outboard horsepower a transom like that can handle.

We'll start with 25 and go from there!

Oh, and the best part- I got the boat and trailer for $100!

You did good, Thad. Right, the transom is just jasper said - a splash well; I have seen many of those. Probably hollow inside, maybe some flotation. No HP rating plate, eh? Somewhere on this site, I read a formula for figuring horse power based on transom width, etc. Anyway, looks like a good find for $100!

Nice find thad. Looks about like its in a similar condition that my first tin was in when I got it. I had more leaves and empty cigarette boxes in mine though. :wink:

fender66 said:
Nice find thad. Looks about like its in a similar condition that my first tin was in when I got it. I had more leaves and empty cigarette boxes in mine though. :wink:

Most of them blew out on the way home.
It smelled like a giant, leafy ashtray!

I get the splash well but I don't understand why the transom is so thick. I know that there is a reason for it but I have never seen one like that.

Latest posts