1542 MonArk - WingClipper

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the pink boards from HD. I'm thinking about halving the size of the front hatches, and adding a little more structure to allow for foam placement. The way she sits there's little place for foam and I intend to troll some deep areas for walleye at some point. While I doubt my boat will ever sink, and I'm a strong swimmer, I'm not one for chances lol. By my calculation I'll need about 2.75 of the 4x8 sheets of 2" board into my boat. Currently, I have one whole one.. so where can I put another 1.75? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

a2ee8bc887513755f587fe955726aa1c.jpg
a82c9bb35e2325c128e554ef4f69a81c.jpg

Until paint, everything but foam is done!

86c62a573f3780fe3cfe871b40335821.jpg
6b1bd3bbb27ef4c495cbceb744a16470.jpg

Took a while today to foam in every nook and cranny. I used 2" board from Home Depot and have about 2 full boards in the boat between the front and floor. The picture with the life jacket shows just how bif the storage on this boat is. Plenty of open space for all my needs. By my calculations I need another 1" board in the boat somewhere... so I'm getting creative I guess! Lol

However, I could use some help here: does anyone have suggestions for what I can lay over the foam the in the hatches to keep them down? I'm looking for a cheap method, doesn't need to look great.

I'm considering sealed 1/4" ply wood that will be carpeted over, but I don't want to use something I'd need to ultimately replace... hence my total aluminum build. Does anyone have suggestions maybe for cheap methods? Plastic? Aluminum sheet?

2e1d8ec5c1fa7f46770986af2eafdb7e.jpg
8bd498f1506ff67a59310a0a1fdef62f.jpg
542dbf758677dedefb77207ce6400840.jpg
49e5880533242b596b31adffa547e533.jpg

Electrical is done. Only thing left are finishing touches!

I've got almost everything done other than painting it. I've slowly been working on the paint but the boats been on the water quite a few times in between. The plan is a multilayer camo.
2e30743fabe70f4f7bf78e9a26d0a03a.jpg

derekdiruz said:
86c62a573f3780fe3cfe871b40335821.jpg
6b1bd3bbb27ef4c495cbceb744a16470.jpg

Took a while today to foam in every nook and cranny. I used 2" board from Home Depot and have about 2 full boards in the boat between the front and floor. The picture with the life jacket shows just how bif the storage on this boat is. Plenty of open space for all my needs. By my calculations I need another 1" board in the boat somewhere... so I'm getting creative I guess! Lol

However, I could use some help here: does anyone have suggestions for what I can lay over the foam the in the hatches to keep them down? I'm looking for a cheap method, doesn't need to look great.

I'm considering sealed 1/4" ply wood that will be carpeted over, but I don't want to use something I'd need to ultimately replace... hence my total aluminum build. Does anyone have suggestions maybe for cheap methods? Plastic? Aluminum sheet?

How bout dri dek
I am gonna use that on the bottom of my hatches, it keeps stuff above dry and allows air to flow through

I like that idea, however for now I'm done spending money on it! lol.

I've fished this boat 20x or so, and have come to hate certain components.

In the coming months, I likely will re do the darn thing though. I didn't think about it, and the darn hatches are not able to be opened while seated. instead, I'm going to make it like a duck boat, which is what it really was intended for. The front deck will be 48" and have no hatches, it will be foam underneath. Then, along the one side (extending below the 48" deck), there will be an 8ft long rod locker/storage spot. I figure with a hatch that large, it can house all my crap like life jackets and paddles, then have my rods tossed on top while fishing. To boot, i'll make it watertight and lockable. --lastly that'll help open up the floor space for decoys, and the locker will suffice for guns while motoring out to hunt.

I'm going to toss the garbage rubber floor too, the darn thing weighs 96lbs and 1/16 diamond plate that replaces it will only weigh around 30lbs. Unfortunately, i'm going to have to wait on it because it'll cost me another $300 in aluminum. But I can reuse plenty of the angle I have already, and the electrical won't have to change either.

This was the month for the extra paycheck, so I decided to tear down and begin the build.... again. The pictures below aren't in proper order, however, you can see what I've done. I took off the carpet, removed the carpet glue, and added a small pod style hatch. The rear deck is now done besides making the hatch lid. I really like this format though, because I love having the huge open floor plan. Also, I guess if I'd like to "sight-fish" from the deck, I can still do so. Though, I usually bring my rtic 45 and I prefer to stand on that instead. Lol.

The front deck will be a low deck, only about 30 inches long. I wasn't going to add a deck, but the curve of the hull would make this space virtually useless without it. This will be entirely foamed in. The trolling motor will mount though on the top of the gunnels, where a deck about 12" will extend. I figure I can use this space to stow crap below, and it'll make removing the TM very easy for hunting season.

I expect to have everything done with the aluminum work (minus maybe the floor) by this weekend. I'm using 0.063 aluminum diamond plate for the front deck & floor. The weight from this deck, with framing, combined with the rear deck, will be less than that of the original benches. By my calculations, even with the floor in, I'll only be adding 27 lbs!

Attachments

• Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Boat3.jpg
    Boat3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg