16' alweld mod V with 30hp evinrude Prop advice.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicegoose

Reaction score
First post here guys and glad I found this place. I recently purchased a 1990 alweld 16x48 modified V aluminum boat. It has a 1990 30hp tiller handle long shaft motor on the back. The prop is pretty torn up and I was looking to put something in that would give me good all around performance. If anything more toward the side that gives me a better hole shot as sometimes I'm in kinda shallow water.

What are some of you running?

That is going to be a tough question for anyone on this board to answer because the RPM range of the motor should be kept in check when trying different props. Do you have a tach on the boat to show what this motor is turning currently at W.O.T.?

I had a 30hp Suzuki and I liked the performance of an 11" pitched prop as opposed to the original 13" prop that was on it. Really didn't seem to lose much top end but it had a great hole shot and it locked down and just felt better at WOT.

A 4 blade prop will give you better hole shot, midrange performance and increased stern lift. Usually go 1" lower in pitch when going to a 4 blade. As it has been said though you need to know your WOT RPM's