16' Starcraft project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobes1308

Reaction score
Hey, im just re-building a 16' starcraft with a 50 Johnson ,that my father gave me so far ive just replaced the rotted out floor boards i will keep it updated day , by day. sorry for pic quality all taken on cell phone.[/b]

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,432
  • ffloor.jpg
    ffloor.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,403
  • guts.jpg
    guts.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,400
  • guttts.jpg
    guttts.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,406
  • boat fresh.jpg
    boat fresh.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,433
:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

Looking forward to seeing the progress of your boat! :beer:

I am not sure if you have bigger pictures or not, but they can be up to 800 wide and 150k in size. If you need help with that, PM me and I will help you out.

Jim

Hey, im having a hard time picking paint im getting a dark gray/black carpet any ideas on what color i should paint it?
Thanks

Tobes1308 said:
Hey, im having a hard time picking paint im getting a dark gray/black carpet any ideas on what color i should paint it?
Thanks

A nice shade of green is always good

Like this GREEN

Or this: GREEN

I just completed the front today!!

Attachments

• Fishing boat.jpg
    Fishing boat.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Front of boat.jpg
    Front of boat.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,388
You just made me join finally - I have the exact same boat (w/ 30HP Johnson) and am looking to do exactly what you have done. Do you have any more pics on how you made the framing for the front deck? Also my current flooring (which is starting to deteriorate) is held to the boat with rivets - was yours the same? Did you just drill them out? If I could figure out an easy way to attach a pic I would). By the way, mine is dark green and looks great. I Plan on some camo paint (love to duck hunt and fish) after I replace the flooring and make a small storage deck on the front like you did and also want one on the back just to cover the batteries and gas tanks. Thanks in advance for the help!

Yea, all i did was drill out all the rivets, then pulled the flooring out and they were still good enough to just trace them to the new flooring , also i just used stainless screws instead of dealing with rivets.. and for the braces instead of using the old aluminum ones i just cutt some square foot peice out of wood for under the flooring to hold them all together and it really did turn out good i would recommened doing it the same.
I will try to see if i took any more pictures of the framing i will put my progress pics on later tonight because im doing the same in the back as you are planning on doing!

I finished all my wood work yesterday!

Attachments

• woodfinish.jpg
    woodfinish.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,328
  • frameowrk2.jpg
    frameowrk2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,319
  • framework.jpg
    framework.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,323
Sorry, its been awhile but i worked on it yesterday and got most of the carpet put in.

Attachments

• stereo system.jpg
    stereo system.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,316
  • carpet31.jpg
    carpet31.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,315
  • Boat carpet.jpg
    Boat carpet.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,322
hey buddy, maybe sum time u can help me replace those rotten floor boards in the alumacraft. your boat is lookin dope. If you wanna borrow my camera to take some updated photos lemme know homes. Oh yea, if u learned anything about the electrical and wiring of a boat let me or hank know cause all the power is messed in the lumey, (livewell doesnt work, nav. lights, etc...) and it could use a stero.

Keep up the great work buddy,
the original TOBES

tobessss man hit me up and ill show you how to catch some bass what do you have to do just paint now?

Latest posts