1648 alumacraft square nose mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotshotinn

Reaction score
I am selling my 1448 and i pick with boat up.A square nose 1648 Alumacraft with center seat.I allready ripped out the center seat so an open design can be had and i have a 40 Johnsom outboard with a jet onit.This was a remote controll moter and I wanted a tiller steer so a good friend of mine fabbed up this aluminum tiller with shifting lever and linkage.It works good and positive like it should.I am going to be putting down a nice aluminum floor and a front deck extention onit too but herer is the picture of the custom tiller setup
ry%3D400

here is a closeup ofit
ry%3D400

I forgot to add this tiller is for steering only and not for running the gas.I will has a Hot Foot for running the gas in this boat.There were nos used tillers out there i found at the salvage yards so this is the next best thing =D>
Custom tiller with shifting lever and Hot Foot gas controll in a jet powered river jon :mrgreen:

Anyone have ideas about flooring in the boat?I am thinking of treadplate aluminum with foam betwean the ribs for support of the tread plate.I allso wondering if anyone else has ever rigged up a tiller and have a outside trottle controll such as what I am about to do? I am putting a 24 volt Minnkota on the front ofit and the boat now has a 12volt powerdrive Minnkota onit that would make someone a good unit,I sell the 12volt for a good price.I need the 24 volt for fighting river current

hotshotinn said:
Anyone have ideas about flooring in the boat?

There was a member in Canada named BaitCaster that did this for flooring: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/download/file.php?id=14565&mode=view/floor.JPG

It's just interlocking rubber floor matting from Home Depot. I thought it was pretty cool, and wound up doing something similar in my truck bed.

I has checked out those inerlockers before and have no ruled them out.I allso called and got a price on a 4x10 foot sheet of aluminum .90 thickness for $142 pluss sales tax

I was lucky today with a great find.I run onto a used hot foot for my boat and allso I got aline on some aluminum flat peices for free for the floor of the river boat.Free is good and there is plenty for me to do the flooring of three boats =D> I will be needing some cross pieces between the support ribs but who cares when you save on the aluminum flat sheets?This is going to be nice when itis done,nice and open design and i try to stay away from plywwod alltogether =D> Hot Foot is costing me only $40 and that will compleet the steering,shifting and throttleing of the boat =D>

went and picked up the hotfoot taday so things are comming together.But the weather has now turned cold and snow in the air.Might have to wait untill spring for the mods to take place if i can find a heated garage it could be done then but its to cold for it with no heat :cry:

That's some awesome ingeniuty right there. I can only wish to find enough free flooring for 3 boats. Heck just enough for one boat would be great.

I got transome all built and moter installed on the boat.I has a nice 7 inch pedistal for the drivers seat and hot foot throttle all ready for the install.I am holdin off on the aluminum floor untill i no for sure where I wants the Hot foot trottle controll for sure as that area needs to be beefed up forit.This is going tobe a nice river boat :mrgreen: I show it off soon with some fresh pictures :mrgreen:

I went an got a new gas line forit and a new controll cable forit.now I am off to work onit again.

Latest posts