17ft Bass Tracker CRACKED HULL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the battery in the boat and she fired right up! Motor hasnt ran in 3 or 4 years, took a little bit of carb choke cleaner, fresh fuel tank, fresh fuel, cleaned the inline fuel filter and she is a runner! Getting her registered on Friday and hopefully ill be out at the lake and in the water on Saturday and Sunday!!!

Im all smiles! 8)

Well i'm not going to say that she is done, but she floats and is fishable! I took her out to Saguaro on Saturday, had a few problems with getting the bilge pump to turn on, a wire or fuze must have come loose while I was mounting the fuze box. She leaks from somewhere and I had to keep an eye on bilge pump and water level. Im thinking of spray lining the exterior of the hull with something to seal it. The old 35hp Mercury did great all day, but when I was coming into the dock and hit the no wake zone, she died and wouldnt hold an idle. Perhaps the carb needs to be blown out or something, the motor hadnt ran like this since 2009 and has sat for the past 3-4 years.
Ill be hooking up the navigation lighting this week, bought a new trailer wiring kit, bought a propane grill that ill mount onto the side of the boat, need to build the bow storage, hook up the radio, and a few more odds n ends, might even take it back out this weekend, Bartlett or Pleasent...

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 932
Floats and fishable has been good enough for me for years. I figure my carpet will be dry rotten by the time I get it installed.

Boat looks good, keep doing what you are doing.

Thanks!

No to the foam sheets, its in there pretty secure with the floorboard sitting on top of it.

Caught my first fish on the new boat a few days ago, a nice large mouth bass at Saguaro Lake, AZ.

Today I started working on the Fish Finder (Eagle Fish Mark 500) and the Trolling Motor (40 Tracker Motor Guide). The previous owner had them installed so im going to follow his lead and just ensure that the connetions are still strong and operable.

Attachments

• 1st Bass.JPG
    1st Bass.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 1st bass catching it.JPG
    1st bass catching it.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 284