18' Lowe center console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yw.
Thanks for shareing your mod!
I enjoy this stuff a lot.
I'm gonna have to break down and get a Spoolgun set up in a month or two, is why I'm asking.
I thought about getting in to tig but I need a new wire feed so ill try my hand with the SG first.

Mrtoler said:
Thanks, to answer the question about the aluminum on the deck. After I got sticker shock on aluminum plate 1/8" $160 1/4" $330 I think I'm useing wood...I'm hopeing I saved some weight with the aluminum frame.. Dave, ya johnboat Jerry had a lot of influence on this build. I wanted to deck mine out like his but the wife said no way, so I kinda improvised and did the low decks around the console to make her happy but ill still have the tall casting decks and console!
I hear that! Im buying mine from louisiana, aluminum is cheaper there.

Well I'm back at it, I've finally got a 100% leak free hull so next is paint. My father in law is a painter and he did all the painting on my pontoon boat and he's going to paint my tin this weekend weather permitting. I'm going with white inside and out and a bright red on the sides, very similar to what country Dave did. Hopefully I'll have update pics this weekend...(hopefully)

Nice work Ryan, =D> I wish I had a spool gun when working on the 'Zilla but had to go with Pop Rivets instead. Can't wait to see those pics! Keep Hacking!

Jonboat Jerry said:
Nice work Ryan, =D> I wish I had a spool gun when working on the 'Zilla but had to go with Pop Rivets instead. Can't wait to see those pics! Keep Hacking!

Isn't it about time for another project Jerry.................... :mrgreen:

I took the boat to a pond a few streets from my house to do a final float test and I did manage to get grandpaw to sit in the boat so I could snap a few pics... I know the boat is empty but man it floats high only about an inch of the bottom was under water... I'm curious to see it with the engine and full gas tank and batteries..

1E9A42A0-0158-44F4-8849-69C655C6E000-8137-000009959723B7B1.jpg

F1CAEF05-4F7D-4CF0-9176-BED80AF11D83-8137-000009959032E7C2.jpg

48B701CE-CCB0-449F-8B81-39F107794F81-8137-00000995897E89BE.jpg

5A5969E9-219D-44C1-BA31-8E5A38DC3731-8137-00000995800AF3D0.jpg

It's 60" wide across the back floor but flares up to 72" wide across the gunnels! Thanks Dave I appreciate it... I'm hoping the paint will look as good as yours, did you do any wet sanding to get that shine or possibly a gloss clear coat?

Mrtoler said:
It's 60" wide across the back floor but flares up to 72" wide across the gunnels! Thanks Dave I appreciate it... I'm hoping the paint will look as good as yours, did you do any wet sanding to get that shine or possibly a gloss clear coat?

No clear coat this time, I Just used good paint. I used RM paint and paint products.

Looks nice. The build look like its moving right along. Looking foward to see if are reinstalling that back deck. I decided to put mine back in. Are you putting a wood transome back in the boat?

Thanks Dave. Bguy, I redid the transom so it's all aluminum. The rear deck I also redid its now aluminum tubing frame that will be decked with plywood, I wanted to deck it with plate but I'm not going to pay what they are asking for it since I'm going to sell this boat.

Ok paint has been delayed until today due to my father in law having to work and being sick. We did however get it primed and painted a light coat yesterday and today he came over and put several more coats of white. The plan is for him to come over tomorrow and add the red on the sides then clear the whole boat..weather permitting since there is a small chance for rain tomorrow evening.... Pics from today

A8CD8007-9268-45B6-B63F-1FD59C7CB0EE-844-000000FDADBEA984.jpg

D2F4A9FD-B5C1-4531-964E-1C809630868E-844-000000FDB5196839.jpg

24690130-0DF3-4E73-882D-CB1AF039BF9A-844-000000FDBBA961C1.jpg

The sides are getting the same red that's on the pontoon with the exception of a clear over it so it should shine a lot more!

Thanks guys, hopefully I can finish the paint today because the rest of the week will be rain! I really want to get moving on this thing, I've been staring at it sitting there for to long!

Mrtoler said:
Ya I'm kinda disappointed it's this bad and also mine... I wish I had looked it over better when I bought it but it was dark and I was trying to hurry and get it home since the lights dident work on the trailer....anyways it's mine now and I'm in to deep to bail out now, good news is my welder said it's no big deal and its not anything that can't be fixed...I can promise you this, when I'm done with it if I ever decide to sell it the new owner will never have to worry about it again!!

Thats so funny. I bought a 1995 lowe olympic 1852 side console a couple months ago and I unfortunately did the same thing. I was three hours away from home, getting dark, one of the trailer lights didn't work and I just didn't check the boat over well enough. It was my first boat purchase. I asked the PO if there was anything structurally wrong with the boat, of course he said no. Lets just say that your boat is in rough shape, but my transom is way worse. Chalking it up as a learning experience. O well, gonna tough it out and make the boat right before duck season!

Could you post some more detailed pics of the transom. I'm trying to give my welding buddy some material to go off of with mine. Thanks!

Latest posts