18' Lund need to wire everything, PLEASE HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudoshin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an 18' lund that I bought, the prior owner completely gutted the wires with intentions to redo it but never got around to it I guess. I need to wire up everything, and I added a few things to the boat I'd like to hook up properly. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. What I need hooked up.

Adding a live-well to the back of the boat (pump)
-Bilge pump
-two Lowrance fish finders (by steering column and one by bow for trolling.
-75 thrust trolling motor ( I have a two seperate 12 volts up front I'd like to use separate from the starting battery)
-fuel gauge
-speedometer
-voltage meter
-front and rear nav. lights
-floor board LED lights
-power tilt/trim (115HP Johnson)

If anyone can draw something up or point me in the right direction I will be forever grateful. Thank

I was pretty perplexed when it came to wiring my boat. Here is a thread that REALLY helped me understand what I needed to do. All went well, and so far, everything is still working as it should. I'd suggest spending the extra $ and get tinned marine wire and good waterproof connectors. The more informative stuff is towards the end of the first page and conintues on the second page.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31069

Of course like you, I have a few questions. I just want to make sure I order enough parts, or if you know any local chain stores that I can pick up a breaker and buss bars that would help. My question is this is what
I need to hook up
:shock: :!: :?:
NEED TO ATTACH:
1-Bow and stern nav. lights
2-Two interior L.E.D. lights
3-Bildge pump/ and also live-well pump for bringing water in
4-Stereo
5-Cig. socket :shock:
6-two fish finders (just basic Lowrance units)
7-speedometer/fuel gauge
8-And obviously my 115 horse Johnson motor

Here are the items I am looking at right now.

circuit breaker
https://www.bluesea.com/products/5050/ST_CLB_Circuit_Breaker_Block_-_6_Position

Buss Bar
https://www.bluesea.com/products/2702/DualBus_100A_BusBar_-_10_Circuit

I have a basic switch panel that I bought last year, but I want to make sure I get the proper buss bar and circuit breaker. I read on your past post that I should just hard wire the fish finders to the battery directly with inline fuses so there is no interference

No problem.

I got my buss bar and circuit breaker from Amazon. I needed a few inline fuses as well, I ordered those off of Ebay. The inline fuses were for the rear 12v socket and my driving lights. Everything else is fused at the control panel. My Lowrance unit has a built in inline fuse. And yes, run it directly to the battery. I get zero interfernece with mine no matter what else I have running on the boat.

You need to figure out how many amps your going to be pulling for each accessory your going to be running. Figure that into the size wire you need and size buss bar, circuit breaker and fuses. I had to swap out a few fuses on my control panel to match with what I was running on each switch. Your manual should reccommend what AWG size wire to use for your motor and what size battery you'll need.

Other than that, it should be pretty straighforward.

Any other specific questions you have, feel free to ask.

Latest posts