1957 3hp Johnson JW13

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverbronzeback

Reaction score
Just picked up a 1957 3hp johnson that the owner said needs new coils. Motor not in bad shape actually better than my 58' 18hp. Compression is good. Will pull flywheel and change coils and see if she will run. Checked for spark and have none on either cyl. Paid 50 bucks for it. Figure if cant get running will part out. Would like to keep it when i get running but promised wife would sell when i get it running. I would like to repaint and decal it when done. Thinking too far ahead. Dont even have it running yet. Hopefully tonight. Anybody ever have one of these?

Thats kind of weird. Was just reading that site for the 4th or 5th time 5 minutes ago. Scary. Thanks anyway. Oh, it fired up a few minutes ago in the garage. Will get to mess with it tomorrow for a little bit then work on truck.

I have a '55 3, model JW-11. Yours is the red color right? The change from green to red was in '56, if I remember correctly. Mine, of course, is the Johnson green.

Get your decals from this site. I have been meaning to email iguana graphics (board sponsor) to see what he charges to remake them, but kept forgetting. If it is cheaper, I will get him to do them all.

Yes it is the red 57' model. I have the 58' 18 hp but i like the 57 color scheme so am painting it 57 colors. I know this is not original paint but not restoring to sell. 58 has white sides with red elsewhere, 57 has red sides with white elsewhere. SMALLMOUTH RULE!

Latest posts