1958 Johnson RDS-20 35hp rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.. I've been hacking away at the details.... got the dashboard set up and all my wood parts finished.... It's such a pleasure to work with the good stuff for a change....It's impossible to make mahogany look bad...

IMG_2054.JPG

Can you tell me what model boat that is? I would love to try and find one.

That's a 1958 Crestliner Voyager 15 with the split splash rail... haven't figured out why some of them had it and some didn't..

1958%20Crestliner%20manual%20%20%2016.jpg

That’s going to be fantastic! Please tell me you are doing a tartan soft top with matching swim trunks.

Your motor looks better than the one in the marketing materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) I'm a little bit off of museum quality already with the mahogany and the all metal look.... don't really like red boats.... the tartan would be hard to live with I think... I do bring a jaunty captains hat and a shopworn, Marilyn Monroe inflatable with me though...

l-no2o6z9wx473zo.jpg

Furniture installed... on to controls and wiring...

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

Boo hiss for the no tartan! There are some that aren't so bright you know! I second the matching trunks..... Looking very nice, Shaugh.

Windshield, steering and misc details this weekend....

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_2093[1].JPG

IMG_2095[1].JPG

IMG_2096[1].JPG

IMG_2098[1].JPG

IMG_2097[1].JPG

You need to get yourself a bunch of vintage water skis to go with this beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the electronics and controls installed. A little fine tuning and she's ready for a shakedown cruise...

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2163[1].jpg

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

Thanks Pappy. There's no substitute for good raw materials. That mahogany is fun to work with. I'm in middle TN.

Shaugh - I have a very close friend somewhat near you that you would love to meet. He lives in Smyrna, Tn. He has an aluminum boat that is just being finished up that you would love to see....trust me. Also extremely knowledgeable on Antique/Vintage and present day engines. He has been with me on the Suwanee a couple times and is in at least one of the videos. If you would like I can set it up. Let me know. You won't regret it!

Latest posts