1975 25hp Johnson 25R75B jumping out of gear.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally did something right! Ran the motor all morning and into the afternoon and it didn't kick out of gear once! Top speed was 22 but I didn't quite crack it all the way open.

baseball_guy_99 said:
I finally did something right! Ran the motor all morning and into the afternoon and it didn't kick out of gear once! Top speed was 22 but I didn't quite crack it all the way open.

good news man!!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=259681#p259681 said:
baseball_guy_99 » 27 Apr 2012, 20:21[/url]"]

Pappy I still am unsure of how you are talking about adjusting the shift linkage. So what I figured out was that if I lined up the clutch dog and the rear gear lobes, loosened the two screws, and applied slight pressure to the shift lever towards reverse, that the clutch dog felt to be more snug/tight against the front gear. Is this what you were talking about Pappy?

I realize this thread was from a while back, but I was reading through it to get help for a '73 20 hp that I thought was going out of gear. Turned out to be a bad prop hub. However, a parts guy in Iowa (Dan Gano, ganotech.com) sent me a pdf of the adjustment pappy was describing. I had to do a seal kit on my lower unit, the adjustment took five minutes and made a huge difference.

Attachments

• shift adj.JPG
    shift adj.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 520