1979 Blue Fin project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjweath

Reaction score
This boat has been in my family since 1979. My dad bought it new and had it for about 5 years and was transferred to a different state. the boat wasn't very well suited for Louisiana fishing so it was sold to his grandfather, mat great-grandpa. Great gramps hasn't used the boat in a few years so 2 years ago he gave it to me. I remember growing up fishing in this boat with my dad, grandpa and great grandpa so it is fun to have it for myself now.
When i got the boat is still had the original 30 horse Chrysler motor on it. SInce i have taken the boat I have replaced that with a new yamaha 4-stroke 25 horse. Last year I noticed the flooring gettig soft in a few places so I decided to replace it and hope it lasts another 30 years for my boys to enjoy. So far I have torn out the rotted flooring and installed new supports and covered with 1/2" bcx exterior grade. Epoxy fiberglassed both the tops, bottoms and all sides of the wood. New carpet, pedestal seats, hinges and pulls are due in this week. Pics of progress to this point are below. Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions you may have.Picture 008.jpgboat1.jpgPicture 011.jpgPicture 012.jpgPicture 015.jpg

The boat was in IL, in decatur, until last year. I live in central IN about 30 miles south of Indianapolis.