1979 Polarkraft 1760 conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like your boat... not my color since I duck hunt but the size and make is right up my alley.

Wish I could find one like that around me to make a river boat out of with a jet.

Yeah I did get a pretty good deal on her Tinboatlover. I checked out your build. You are moving right along. It will be sweet when you get all that aluminum on it.

Those are some pretty good deals on the livewells. I was originally going to go the bought livewell route, but I figured a cooler was the cheapest way to get a large insulated livewell. I ordered all assembly parts from flow-rite.

Thanks for the kind remarks Fox. I was originally going to go with a green or something like that but decided it would look better if it matched the truck. I will really be bass fishing only out of her so the red should be alright.

Just went through your posts...
Great build,doing nice work.
I just wonder if it's going to be stern heavy.
Big cooler full of water,batteries,fuel...I really don't know...just wondering what your thoughts are.

I'm not worried at all about the stern being heavy. The boat sits high in the water, I am actually hoping it will sit lower and more even with all the extra weight. I am moving the console forward so that will even the weight out more. I am only putting the cranking battery in the back and I will only have the livewell full in a tournament. So I don't think it will be too bad. We will see though. Thanks for the good comments guys.

OldRiver, I have thrown the idea around about trying to start a tinboat club down here. Let me know if this interest you.

Here is the completed front deck frame.
Front frame complete.jpg
Here is a couple of the completed back deck frame.
Back deck 2.jpg
Back frame complete.jpg
The completed frame.
Complete frame.jpg

Thanks Pepper, here are a few of the carpet installed. The stuff is really thick and some of the compartments are tight. Shouldn't be long before it is on the water.
Carpeted front deck.jpg
Console Installed.jpg

Latest posts