1988 bass tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsharp

Reaction score
I have a 1988 pro tournment 17 foot bass tracker in pretty good shape just need to do some mods to it i need to replace the floor and the carpet in it it has a 50 horse outboard on it i have a few questions has any one ever had there boat sprayed with the bed liner stuff if so how didi work out and ha any one ever put a jackpalte on bass tracker before if so how did it work out thanks alot for all the info guys here is some pics of the baot

Attachments

• bass tracker.jpg
    bass tracker.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,350
  • 3k83od3l85W35U15P3a3na1b2cd534c94102b.jpg
    3k83od3l85W35U15P3a3na1b2cd534c94102b.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 2,350
  • bass tracker 1.jpg
    bass tracker 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,350
Nice looking boat.
I don't have to much to add sorry.
I know some companies(maybe triton)use some type of bed liner maybe Quackrstackr will add some of his reveiws,I think he likes it,,,other people say it's heavy,I really don't know.The same goes with the jackplate,I know forsure people have put jackplates on them but to tell you about the prop changes and how they run...sorry can't.

That is one really long sentence!! :| :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have a '83 Bass Tracker that I am building now that I put a manual jack plate on. Dont have much feedback yet as I have only ran it once and I have not put the anti-cavitation plate on yet. I think it would give you some benifits without the plate but I am mainly worried about running "skinny". I will have to have it with how high I want the motor set. I think for the most part any boat would benefit from a jack plate is some way. Check out my Bass Tracker build in my signature at the bottom of this post. Also I will put a link to the anti-cavitation plate that I will be using, may be something to do some research on if you plan on installing a jack plate.

https://www.permatrims.com/

I have a Seaking 1436 that I hand sanded (not recommended) as per the directions, then bought the dupont bed liner kit (2 X $65) and rolled it on the inside of my boat. I primarily use my boat for duckhunting in the winter and fishin' in the summer but mainly for duck hunting. The bedliner made by dupont lasted 2 years before I scraped it all out and went with an oil based paint. I put in on 1/4 thick over my boat and I guess my boat flexed to much, it kept cracking and breaking off. I have heard some people have used the Herculiner version of this stuff, and have seen marginally better results. I do know you can go to a rhinoliner shop and they will spray your boat for you ($$$$). I'm sure you will get varied opinions, but on my little boat (thin metal as well 12 gauge) it didnt stay on very well. Hope this helps.

I am in the process of applying KiwiGrip to my boat. Has good reviews and can be pretty easy to apply. Here is a link to my mod thread where I applied some to the kiwigrip.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11915&start=60

wow, someone lost the punctuation along the way. What's wrong with the carpet? What do you want to use the bedliner for?-in place of carpet?

sorry guys my grammer sucks. but thanks for all your post the carpet is coming up the glue has wore off and its coming up in alot of places so needs to be redone i dont really like carpet in boat to hard to keep clean so was trying to find anthor method but think i will just go back to carpet

Latest posts