1989 17' tracker pro 17 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hard is it to reroute your steering cable? I am wanting to move my console in my boat, but wasn't sure how flexible that would be. I'm going to have to get a little bit longer steering cable as well.

Seth its not to bad, although the teleflex cables are pretty stuubborn to get around tight corners. Mine was pretty easy because I didn't have alot of things to go around, but if you do have alot of angles, it will test your nerves.

Looks really good, have you considerred getting a hand rail for the console? I have one on mine and it makes moving around the boat so much easier:

DSC06668.jpg

I'm thinking about camo just because yours turned out so well. I did the interior in desert tan right now.

Jamie

THE BEAST LIVES! Got the motor running today, after what feels like weeks of waiting on parts, sending them back, waiting on more parts finally someone that knows what they are doing! I still have money tied up in parts that have been sent back, why do people think that they can keep your money tied up when they are the ones that made the mistake? I can't figure some people out. Anyway motor runs, thank god! Ended up replacing all the pistons and rings, new rod bearings, wrist pins, and alot of luck. She didn't want to start, but after some priming, and a few choice words she came to life..... and ,man it felt good. Going to try and get her on the water some time this weekend hopefully. I still have to install the front and rear decks, and the fuel fill, but I can see me fishing in the beast in a couple of weeks. =D>

Got the new decks cut to fit, the new deck hatches fit perfect, all I need to do is get the numbers put on the ole girl, and she's ready to get wet. I have been waiting for the water to go down in the lake, we have had alot of rain in the past few months, lake level is way up. I dont want to put in with a fresh rebuilt engine in swift water, and have something go wrong. I will probably have pics for you guys on the water by the end of the week, hopefully, calling for more rain tomorrow, just have to wait and see.

Man that boat looks good!

I'm not too far from you in Lumberton, been thinking about going to Blewet Falls some this summer. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Took the girl out for her maiden voyage, everything worked out great,wind was awful, but me and my son are hooked up and taken her out again in a few minutes. Motor runs excellent, still running a 25-1 oil to gas for the first few tanks, but managed to run her 2 hours and not one problem. I can say that although I haven't been to wot yet, the throttle response on this thing is awsome, hole shot city! I love the tilt and trim, the boat responds better to a lower trim, I will play around with it more when I get above 4500 rpms. nbaffaro, Come on down, lake will start jumping with boats about april, and wont let up till november, hope to see ya there. If you've never been here, word of caution, WATCH THE STUMPS! If you follow the channel markers you'll be fine. I have some pictures for you guys, wifes computer is down, using my daughters laptop till she gets hers back then I'll post them for you all.

My son and i took the girl out yesterday, and we had a ball! We have managed to burn 12 gallons of fuel in her so far, I will probably burn another 6 gallons before I go back to a 50-1 fuel to oil ratio. We ran it at wide open throttle for a bit, and I have to say this is the fastest boat I have owned to date. I didn't have my hand held gps but I imagine we could do 52-55 trimmed and running light as we were. The only problem I can see so far is it doesn't want to idle quit right, but i will wait till i get back to 50-1 before I try to set her up for good. She takes the gas with no hesitation, and responds well all thru the throttle so Im pretty sure the higher ratio of oil will have an effect on the low speed carb setting. I hope to have some pics up this week. Planning to fish in her second week of March, first catfish tournament of the year! :mrgreen:

Wife got her computer back, so I got some pics for you guys, SORRY dyeguy, none from the water just yet, wait till the weekend, and I will fix you up.

Rear deck with carpet and seat.
DSC01804.JPG

Rear deck hatch
DSC01805.JPG

Front deck trolling motor and plugs
DSC01807.JPG

rear motor shot
DSC01810.JPG

shot from the rear, notice the tracker seats!
DSC01809.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01806.JPG
    DSC01806.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC01809.JPG
    DSC01809.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC01810.JPG
    DSC01810.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC01809.JPG
    DSC01809.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 616
OK looks great, I have a tracker 1754 that I am going to put a center console in but I want it all the way to the front. Can I ask where you got your console??? I am figuring it will cost me about a $1000. I have a newer Merc 60hp tiller so controls are expensive I am told. I was going to build a console out of wood but i like yours. Simple

Exceptional build Dearl! I know you are happy with her, BTW, got a name for her yet? You know it's bad luck to have an unnamed vessel right?

Again, that is one smokin' ride Brutha!

You know Rat Ive been giving that a lot of thought, and seeing how I started this project back in August of 09 and will be finishing it in March of 2010, nearly 8 months of work, I think "persistence" would be a fitting name, But my son are going to call her the "Mad Catter". :D

Dunk50 I got my console in Fayetteville N.C. at a place called ak mcullum, you can find it on line, and the will ship them, I think I paid 230.00 dollars for mine, but you would much rather have one like this than wood, it doesn't weigh much at all. They have several different types, smaller and larger with built in bait tanks etc.... just depends on what you want to spend.

Got my depth finder from bugpac yesterday, got her wired in today, works as it should, thanks again for the great deal. Started working on the side panels today, got one completed, will be doing the other tomorrow. Dyeguy, a friend and i are going out tomorrow to try and catch bait for a up and coming tournament, I will get you some on the move pictures posted tomorrow. Can't wait for you guys to see the ole girl in action. :mrgreen:

Latest posts