1989 Grumman Renagade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plugknocker

Reaction score
I bought this in 2006. The owner had replaced the motor and the trolling motor a year earlier, putting on a 4 stroke 40hp honda and 32lb Minn-kota. Since then I have added a recirulator to the livewell, replaced the front deck and most of the wiring, repainted it with a case of spray cans.

Now for the 2014 season I hope to finish another update. The last one did co$t me to learn from my mistakes made. Seal the wood and apply the correct grade materials!

This new project I plan to completely rewire the system and replace both decks. In the area between the decks I plan to use Tuff-Coat.
This where I"m asking for advice. So far I read for Tuff-Coat it's suggested to use a hopper sprayer and follow preparations. Since I tore out the carpet and have the adhesive stuck to the sheet metal. What recommendations are there for removing the adhesive? Or is that part of the preparation to apply Tuff-Coat?
Posted here are my photos before I dismantled to the empty shell.

Attachments

• GreatBoatForMe.JPG
    GreatBoatForMe.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 892
  • ReadyToRemoveCarpet.jpg
    ReadyToRemoveCarpet.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 892
  • TookAWhileButGotIt.jpg
    TookAWhileButGotIt.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 892
  • Plan to use Tuff-coat.jpg
    Plan to use Tuff-coat.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 892
It seems like most guys here use some type of paint stripper and or an angle grinder with a wire wheel. On my project I have been using the grinder to remove glue/paint/rust and grime.

Good luck with your mod, keep the pictures coming!

Thank you for that reply, I going to first try the Acetone and hope it works well enough.

To all. I'm providing a link to my Picasa album that shows that stages of progress I have made so far and where my plans are going.
Thank you for your support and all recommendations, suggestions, and ah shits :oops: are welcomed.

Here is a link to my Picasa Album showing stages of progress for my 2014 restoration project.
1989 Grumman Renegade Project album

Thanks for your attention.

Latest posts