1990 johnson 9.9???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiggleworm

Reaction score
i need help with this one. this motor that i purchased has a 5 inch extension on the lower unit, if i remove this extension peice would i have to replace the shaft aswell or will there be a extension on the shaft also?? i need to convert it back to a 15inch shaft

I have seen those extension kits add to outboards.Most of them have a shaft extension.You shouldn't need much more than a new gasket/seal for the lower unit.I'd replace the impeller while I was there.Cheap insurance against over heating.

I am not familiar with the 90s models, but back in the 70s when these were more common, if the motor was bought as a short shaft, then converted to long shaft, it could be done easy, as they usually had a shaft with an extension piece in the middle. If it was bought as a factory long shaft, you will need a new shaft and shift rod. I can't imagine that they would have changed the design any, but you never know. May want to check on that.

Latest posts