1991 Suzuki 15hp worth $500 ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampfox88

Reaction score
I am looking at trading for this motor, it is a tiller steer, short shaft, manual start, 2 stroke.

owner says runs good, the items im looking to trade are worth about 500 dollars. Is this fair?

I live in Charleston sc, surrounded by water.

lastly are these motors known to be reliable? and are parts readily available.

thanks for any suggestions

Yes its worth at least $500.
Yes they are reliable.
This outboard needs to be clean with nothing wrong with it unlike the last few you posted about because if it needs parts although readily available they can be expensive.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317189#p317189 said:
Whoopbass » 36 minutes ago[/url]"]Yes its worth at least $500.
Yes they are reliable.
This outboard needs to be clean with nothing wrong with it unlike the last few you posted about because if it needs parts although readily available they can be expensive.

thanks for all your help whoopbass I will have a motor soon. lol

then I will bother you with proper maintenance questions. haha

I think I will go check this one out since he cant send me a pic. he says the cowling has sun damage, so it must be ugly.

Check on places where you can get parts for it. I looked at one several years ago and I found that any part would have to be ordered. I am surrounded by water here in Mich. They are not a popular motor in my area.

Don't let just anyone work on it. If they don't know Suzuki's they can screw it up. They are good motors but they have their quirks. The carbs on them are set to every engine and if anyone has went in there monkeying around and changed parts they can be a nightmare.

Latest posts