2/2/08 February Bass Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
Im going out tomorrow afternoon. The fever has hit me and I need to get out. The weather has been cold for the past month 20s-30s(i know, i know) and I havent been fishing as much as I normally do.

Ive never fished this time of year so, I know it will be a little different. The last time I went out the water was in the low to mid 40's and the LM and Spot bite was slow. The smallmouth however seemed to be still pretty good, so tomorrow I am going to target some smallies on the rocky mainlake points, and drop offs. Last time they seemed to be where the rocks transitioned into a mud bank, and on the rocks where trees were in the water.

Well I hope to have some fish to log!!!

Good luck, you'll need it! Be sure to show us some pics of any lunkers you catch!

Good luck, I am going out this weekend as well and have a similar game plan.

Great minds right!

Skunked!!!

Water was muddy, and 39 degrees. Nothing else to report... Couldn't even find the fish...LOL

Im waiting until the water temps rise a little back to the mid to high 40s before I go back out....I think at least.

I had the same results today - although the water was clear, there was ice covering most of it. I fished the open water and by 3 p.m. almost all the ice was gone.

It was a great day to be out, the water was a little too cold I feel

Get some next time I guess

Spring ain't that far away. Especially the further south you are. Hang in there.

Latest posts