20' Duracraft with a 120 Johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator McClusky

Reaction score
Finally getting around to spending a little time on my rig. Going to start on a bow fishing platform first and then trick it out a little.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
My son and I tore the synthetic wood floor out today, Getting a better idea of what we need. We got a ittle further than I thought we would. The center console is loose and still all connected. I may get away without having to touch any of the wiring or steering cable.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• dura Craft1.JPG
    dura Craft1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,259
  • Dura Craft2.JPG
    Dura Craft2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,259
  • Dura Craft11.JPG
    Dura Craft11.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,259
What type of floor will you be putting in? That'll make a great bow fishing boat. My son had a 2072 Lowe with a center console he used for bow fishing.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344447#p344447 said:
Gator McClusky » Yesterday, 12:44[/url]"]Installing foam between ribs and putting aluminum sheets over that. Or at least that's what I'm pricing out right now.

on second thought I think i will go with foam between the ribs and rubber mat rolled out on top of that. Aluminum is too expensive at this point for this huge floor. Has anyone ever tried the rubber mat?

I've never tried the rubber mat but I'm thinking it would be kinda flimsy unless it's really thick!

I used 3/8 inch thick rubber horse stall mat in the bottom of my shallow v boat. I don't recommend it for your application. It is heavy weighs similar to a sheet of plywood in equal thickness. Not exactly cheap either when compared to plywood. 4X8 piece at $9.50 per linear foot = $76. It would give the floor a spongy feel over the flotation in the floor in my opinion. If aluminum sheeting is out of the question, my suggestion is to use properly sealed plywood with 1/4 inch rubber matting on top of it. If you are going to keep the boat for many years to come get the aluminum sheeting. My uncle & cousin had an 18ft flat bottom decked out for bow fishing (lights, platform etc...) They used aluminum diamond plate for the floor and removable platform, it was a lot nicer and more durable compared to the old plywood they replaced. ( they got the plate for free only reason it was done that way )
Pro's & cons of rubber matting
Pro's
#1 non slip & excellent traction when wet or covered with fish slime and blood
#2 Sound deadening, makes the boat super quiet so you wont spook fish
#3 comfortable under foot
Cons
#1 Gets super hot during the summer making it a little uncomfortable to fish ( radiating heat )
#2 hard to clean without a good scrub brush and liberal application of dish soap
#3 heavy when compared to other materials.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344661#p344661 said:
ccm » Yesterday, 01:49[/url]"]I used 3/8 inch thick rubber horse stall mat in the bottom of my shallow v boat. I don't recommend it for your application. It is heavy weighs similar to a sheet of plywood in equal thickness. Not exactly cheap either when compared to plywood. 4X8 piece at $9.50 per linear foot = $76. It would give the floor a spongy feel over the flotation in the floor in my opinion. If aluminum sheeting is out of the question, my suggestion is to use properly sealed plywood with 1/4 inch rubber matting on top of it. If you are going to keep the boat for many years to come get the aluminum sheeting. My uncle & cousin had an 18ft flat bottom decked out for bow fishing (lights, platform etc...) They used aluminum diamond plate for the floor and removable platform, it was a lot nicer and more durable compared to the old plywood they replaced. ( they got the plate for free only reason it was done that way )
Pro's & cons of rubber matting
Pro's
#1 non slip & excellent traction when wet or covered with fish slime and blood
#2 Sound deadening, makes the boat super quiet so you wont spook fish
#3 comfortable under foot
Cons
#1 Gets super hot during the summer making it a little uncomfortable to fish ( radiating heat )
#2 hard to clean without a good scrub brush and liberal application of dish soap
#3 heavy when compared to other materials.

After pricing the mat and aluminum I think I will go with the mat for now. Not at the point of buying yet but I may change my mind and go with aluminum. Have to wait and see what my money is after I file my taxes! lol
May just go with wood only as a temporary fix for this summer then foam and sheet w aluminum next year. Thanks for the info

a little update on my mod with pics.

I picked up my Minn Kota Riptide ST 80# thrust with co-pilot today. Hopefully I can get it installed tomorrow or at least start on it.

Attachments

• deck extension 1.JPG
    deck extension 1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 906
  • deck extension 2.JPG
    deck extension 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 906
  • deck extension 3.JPG
    deck extension 3.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 906
Looks great. What kind of lights are you going to use? I have been working with the owner of Oznium.com and they have some awesome LED light bars on the way in green, warm white and a couple of sizes . I am going with 2- 24" on front and a 12" on each side. Here is a link, they only have 12" cool whites now but the longer greens and warm whites are coming very soon. Worth a look and LEDs are brighter, last longer, more durable and easier on power than Halogens.
https://www.oznium.com/54watt-led-light-bar

Built the bracket for the Riptide and got it mounted this afternoon. Not sure how to post pics from my phone but I'm trying. I will post later tonight from the computer if I can't figure it out.

Posted pics of the deck. Got that done last week and took the boat out this weekend. It's working well. I have several more ideas. Didn't get to utilize the trolling motor. Batteries have been sitting and I didn't want to drop $200 for batteries at this point. Hopefully that will be hooked up this weekend

Latest posts