2000 Lund 14' WC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spes

Reaction score
Hello everyone, great website.
I purchased this boat half way thru this season. She came decked. I am now putting her away for the season. The decking could use a refit so I ripped it out for my winter project. I don't have a garage so this will be a slow refit.
I'm sure I will have many questions for you all over the next 6 months.
This is what she looked like when I got her.
Lund1.jpg

She came with two batteries for the 24V TM, and a lawn mower battery for the fish finder.The lawn mower battery was junk, so I replaced it with another full size deep cycle because I plan on rigging lights and a baitwell.
The 24V TM was wired directly to the batteries. I have already read in this website that I should have an inline fuse on that. Big price differance from a 50 amp inline and a Minn Kota 60 amp
Unless told otherwise I plan on using the 50 amp.

This is what she looked like when I removed the deck,,

Foam.jpg

My first question is:: The deck at the very bow had no framework foreward of the front bench. The triangle wedged into the bow of the boat. I'm 250# and it felt fine when stepping on it to lower the tm.
But is this design ok for the boat?
See the marks the deck left on the boat
Bow_Outline.jpg

I only use the boat in salt rivers for striped bass. I do; when the conditions permit, venture outside the river to try to jig up live mackeral. If you look at the first picture there is a seat infront of the tiller.
This is fine in the river, but sitting up so high in open water is not good! When I redeck I plan on keeping the front up the way it is, but I am going to revert back to benches in the back so I am more IN the boat.
I would also like to convert some of that space into storage.
In this picture I at least plan on turning sections 1 and 2 into storage.
Foam_Outline.jpg

Second question. Floatation
If I removed the foam in sections 1,2,3,and 4 for storage space would I be under foamed?
(that would leave two sections and 1-1/4 benches with foam.

Third question: Foam.
Does the two part mixed stuff have a higher floatation than the pink boards?

Much more to come...
Thanks all

Nice boat. Looks like it was pretty messy under that deck.

From what I can understand if you put some angle brackets on the front of the bow that should provide adequate additional support for that piece.

What are the measurements on your boat?

As far as foam, you will have to figure that equation out for the weight of your boat and gear. I can't remember the formula but I am sure someone will pipe up...I think my 14 foot valco came out to needing around 10-12 cubic feet.

The pink stuff is a fine product to use...from what I understand the stuff you mix up does have the benefit of having less voids...in other words you fill up the whole space with it do you may get slightly more buoyancy front it, jut because you are getting a little more cubic feet for the space used.

Have fun. My project is slightly stalled waiting on some more allowance from my wife.

First off congrats on the boat, I really like the simple layout it gives you plenty of room to more around.

Question #1 I would go ahead and brace the front deck, there are plenty of ways to do it, just look around this site to find something that will work for you.

Removing foam? I like the idea of were you want to have your storage. I would think about maybe moving the foam to a different location. Looks like there may be a lot of free space under your main and front decks for foam,

Pink or pour able foam? This is up to you I would just make sure you have enough for positive flotation.

Good luck and keep us updated

The boat is a 14'er,
So there is +13' actual length inside and about 56" at it's widest.

I will probably take section "1" and "2" and create storage.

When I talk about that front triangular piece of deck; as I said, it wedged in the bow, and fit rather nicely. It seems to support weight well. I really don't want to drill holes in the boat to install brackets,if I can help it.

After seeing another recent post with the airplane remover, I'm thinking of stripping the old interior paint and applying something new.

Oops, I thought I posted the finished boat.
It came out great!

Batteries under middle seat. Two for TM One for house.

20120506_143140.jpg

Slider G5 (Picture taken after the others)

20120712_180148.jpg

Lights,

20120506_195811.jpg

Livewell: Can only fish two people with the livewell in the boat. Very tight. If I take the wife and two dogs out I need to remove the livewell and my TM. ( I need a bigger boat! )

LW.jpg

And of course the reason behind the off season madness,,
the fishing!

20120902_061423-1.jpg

20120708_070545.jpg

That was this years product.
I hope to get the ok from the CFO to upgrade to a Humminbird 798 ci HD Si for the '13 season.
Thanks for looking.
Mike

I am crushed.
Mutha nature dropped a tree on me during the blizzard.

Crushed_zps41a7ae92.jpg

Crushed2_zpsefadd6aa.jpg

Needless to say I'm not a happy camper.
A total loss.
Moving on, I was wondering what you all think I might get for the decking I made for this boat. It was removed at the end of the season and is safe.
As you see in earlier pictures it came out real nice. I can salvage the aluminum framework to support the deck. The plywood for the deck had 3 coats of sealer, 2 coats of primer, and 2 coats of white Bilge coat.
I was wondering what would be a reasonable request to ask for this before posting it on Craigslist?

Thanks,

Maybe this was meant to be.
For where I fish the Lund was pushing it. I have the 25hp off of it and am thinking of building one of these
Manomet18_zps680a7fc7.jpg

I know,, not exactly tin, lol, but it might be much better suited for where I fish. My tin was a one man fishing machine. But that was it. One man.
The Manomet18 would move along nicely with my 25 and I could put somewhere around 900 lbs in it!

Ugh, that is one of my worst fears at my home. We have a yard full of large oak and walnut trees and three boats sitting out under them.

Latest posts