2002 G3 1756 DLX CC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was def fast enough...at least untill I get used to it. LOL

I got the wheels primed and painted with 3 coats of gloss rustoleum rattlecan. With the humidity Its gonna take a day or two for them to cure completly. Next week sometime I will get some rubber and put them back on the trailer to replace the cheap little 13''s that were used as a replacement.

268064_1433799140933_1711578803_678683_2346592_n.jpg

Today I installed 2 more pedestal seat mounts in the back. I will be able to sit in the center mount when Im by myself and when someone is with my (wife) we can sit side by side.

This is an example of how it will look when i finally get some seats. My seats will be Realtree.

This guys boat is amazing..... Maybe will get some Led lights too.
seatexampl.jpg

I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine actually.. Thanks for posting the pic. I like the look of it a lot

Reed that is awesome! I love the boat! We bow fish in a 1756 and its awesome!

What is the boat that is in that picture?

Thanks

f2k

fish2keel said:
Reed that is awesome! I love the boat! We bow fish in a 1756 and its awesome!

What is the boat that is in that picture?

Thanks

f2k

The one in the pic belongs to "southerndraw" on the Bowfishing forum. I think its a fisher or a Polarkraft. The floor isn't flat and the console looks like the Polarkraft console. But its hard to tell.

I'm going to do the tuff coat on the floors and decks like the one in the pic too.

Today I painted the interior of the boat. All areas that will not be covered by the tuff coat anyway. In the pic of the boat above you can see where they taped off about a one inch gap along the edges and the non skid material was laid down inside that perimiter. Using that boat as a guide I used 4 cans of Tan Rustoleum Camo paint from HD to cover all the areas that are just white paint in the pic above. When I pulled the side panels off I found so much foam that had been chewed by rats I had to go to the car wash to vacum it all out. Most of it blew out going down the road. I then used the Tire engine cleaner (simple Green) to degrease the areas to be painted and to sanitize and clean the entire hull under the floor and everything. Nothing is still living in there but I did get a bunch of fur and more shrimp heads and stuff out once I opened up the side panels. After a good $4.00 worth of rinsing I drove home and started painting.

It looks pretty good but I really need to get the tuff coat down because I didn't tape off the areas where it will go and it just looks like I have overspray every where on the floor and on parts of the deck.

I also ordered 2 of the wise high back seats along with the pedestal that screws to them and a 3 1/2 gallon fuel tank from North FL Marine Services in Middleburg, Fl . A 12 gallon wont fit but the six and a 3 1/2 will both fit. That gives me 9 gallons. Actually 10 if I really fill them up. It should be plenty to get me just about anywhere I want to go and back. Jason Cannon is the owner at NFL Marine Services, and can get just about anything you can get from Cabelas, BP, Gander, even overtons at a lower price that you can get even when things are on sale. Engine parts too. One time I got a better deal from Academy because he sent me there. LOL

I will take some pics tomorrow after I install the seats and the gas tank.

Get the pictures up soon! Cant wait to see this rig!

Also does NFL have a website or anything I got some stuff I need for my rig since the motor is coming out of the shop and I wouldn't mind helping someone other than a huge company

No, they are just a small boat repair shop in Middleburg Fl. They do have a facebook page but there isn't anything on there. I have told him to update his facebook but he never does. His shop consists of 3 - 4 guys at any given time including him.

Its always interesting to go there because they could be working on a Diesel Drag truck, a 5 hp yamaha outboard, a 32 foot SeaRay, or an 8.1 liter Supercharged Merc Cruiser in a powerboat. You never can tell.

I finally got around to taking some pics of my progress. I installed the 2 extra seat mounts in the rear bench over last weekend. One on each side of the original one in the center.

Now when I'm by myself I can stand or drive from the center seat and when my wife is with me we can sit side by side.
pedbase.jpg

I also did some painting on Wednesday. I removed the side panels and cleaned out all the trash, rat fur, shrimp and foam pieces that were behind them. They were painted with rustoleum Camo Tan spray paint along with any area that is not going to be covered with Tuff coat. The overspray is on purpose.... I am going to cover the floors, front deck, rear deck, top of the side rails/gunwale, the little area up front where the TM used to be mounted, and the rear triangles that mate the sides to the transom.. Basically any area that is flat and could be used to stand on.

Attachments

• bowview.jpg
    bowview.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,146
  • seats1.jpg
    seats1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,146
  • sideveiw.jpg
    sideveiw.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,146
  • rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,146
I also got my seats in. I really wanted the ones that come on G3's from the Factory but they are $114.00 from BPS and even my guy at NFL Marine Services couldn't get them for less than $100. so I went with the Wise Highback seats in Mossy Oak Breakup. I know, I know, my CC seat is in Realtree so I need to re-do it with Mossy Oak breakup. I will in a few days.

Attachments

• fwdview.jpg
    fwdview.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • singleseat.jpg
    singleseat.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • seats2.jpg
    seats2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,145
I can't fit any of the 12 gallon gas tanks made (at least ones that I can find) in the back of my boat. I found one that was too tall and the deck lid wouldn't close. Then I tried one that was low profile but it was so long that it would'nt fit between the batteries. I also tried to 6 gallon tanks but still no go! SO.... one 6 gallon tank and one 3 gallon tank it is. 10 gallons should be enough to get me anywhere I need to go and back. Surprisingly this boat with the 40hp gets better mileage than the 1542 with a 25hp on it????Wierd?

gastanks.jpg

After much pricing and searching and going over the pro's and con's of different floor coatings. I have decided to scrap the idea of trying to save a buck or two my using Herculiner or even Tuff coat. The idea of it being permanent is kind of scary to me. Especially if I mess it up or dont like it and want to change it in the future.

And because LineX is just as expensive (if not more depending on who does it) than Hydro turf and far less comfortable on the barefeet I have decided on Hydro Turf in "swamp camo". similar to this
https://gatortraxboats.com/Hydroturf.htm

Im going to order one (1) sheet and put it on the front deck first (smallest and easiest spot to try it on).
Then I'll try the back deck (a little more complicated with cutouts for pedestal bases, hinges, etc).
If all goes well I will do the floor after that (less complicated but will require two (2) sheets.

The stuff is not cheap so I want to take it slow and do a good job. If I have enough piecs lef over I might try to make them fit the rear triangles near the transom, and maybe a piece to go inside the Center Console.

I am just going to paint the front bow area where the TM mounts in the same Rustoleum tan that I used on the sides.

No thanks Tboffshore. Im gonna keep it for a little while.

No sooner did I make my mind up to go with the Hydroturf, I took another look at the StyxRiver Mats. Does anyone have any experience with them. https://styx-river.com/products/?category=1&subcategory=6

They are 1/2 inch thick neoprene mats. I like the fact that they come in some pretty cool patterns. The fishoflauge is kinda cool. Too bad they dont' have Garoflauge or gatorflauge or catfishoflauge It says they don't need any adhesive to hold them down??? how can that be.

Maybe you are supposed to remove them before towing or something? Or maybe they are just so heavy they hold themselved down? That would make things easy but I don't want 200lbs of rubber matting in my boat either. LOL

I'm at this point too and I don't know if it's viable to you or not but I ended up at Lowes yesterday and bought some interlocking antifatigue matts, 4'x4'x1/2" is $19 and has a simple textured top surface that looks like it would take paint pretty easily. I have carpet for mine and wanted some cushion under the carpet. $50 for a 3x5 mat adds up pretty quickly.

Jamie

reedjj said:
Badbagger said:
Styxriver mats may be the way to go...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190349029566&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Have your tried them?

Sure haven't. I'd found them while searching ebay. I've got to find some matching G3 green paint to do hull which I'll toy with in the fall.
Boat is in great shape overall and just need to touch up areas on the hull inside and out.

Latest posts