2002 lowe 1448 question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antoine

Reaction score
image.jpgI bought a 1448 two years ago that was painted with marine paint. It had some corrosion from salt water use. I am debating wether to strip it and repaint it or just start over with a new boat. Things I do not like are:
1 it's a tiller and I need a side console for what I use the boat for.
2 I really would like a solid bottom to stand on. No leaks on the boat but it is loud running.
My question is with all experience on this site, is the boat worth putting the money and time into despite its past or would it be best to invest in another boat.

Second pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 731
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 731
I would say that it is totally up to you. It depends on whether you want to customize or not. I don't see too much wrong with that boat at all. Repainting would be an easy task. If you wanted to add a side console that would not be that difficult either. Honestly you already have that boat so you wouldn't need to buy anything additional other than materials. If you buy another boat you may still need to customize it. I would just browse around this site and see how you feel. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I do not why the pics are upside down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 698
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 698
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 698
I would take a wire brush to the corrosion, then some white vinegar to clean it, then some zinc chromate primer, then paint. It should take care of any spreading.

Latest posts