5-7-11 Striper (With a Picture of Stomach Contents)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Headed out tonight hoping to catch some stripers after the water dropped (they ran it 10 feet higher than the normal flow right now). Had a follower early and one bite. He was big enough, so I kept one for a change.

IMG00112-20110507-2047.jpg

Filleted him and decided to check the stomach contents out since I felt something hard in it.

1 half-digested fish of some kind, 4 crawfish plus several small claws, and a gumball (from a sweetgum tree). That last one had me laughing. Pretty neat stuff.

IMG00120-20110507-2227.jpg

Nice one.

I didn't realize they ate crawfish that much.

If you would have given that fish more time I bet it would have had a clown x-rap in its stomach as well. Glad to see you fishing again. Gotta love those stripers, they sure are delicious and a blast to catch. I am pretty sure stripers will eat whatever is abundantly available, just like me :lol:

fender66 said:
What did you catch him on?

He fell to a clown X-Rap. I've probably caught close to 100 stripers on that lure over the past two years. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. I don't know how many sets of hooks I've gone through on it though. Stripers are hook bending and breaking machines :lol:

Here's a picture of a double my buddy and I pulled with twin 5 pounders last night. His came on a small, natural colored (not sure on the exact color scheme) X-Rap and mine came on a 4" Tru-Tungsten swimbait.

IMG00122-20110508-2155.jpg