5 casts; one fat LM bass; same 'ol Rattletrap

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I haven't fished much. Rain and a cold/flu have kept me near home.

I do have access to a local pond. About twenty minutes ago, I decided that I was bored, and would throw 5 casts and see if anything would be hitting.

Of course, the same Bass-colored Rattletrap that I have caught the last four or five fish (both saltwater and freshwater) was still tied to my rod.

One, two, three, four and on my LAST fifth cast, this fat LM bass hit the 'trap three times. The last time was her undoing. As this 8 acre pond goes, she was a larger/fatter-than-normal catch. It always amazes me how we can throw 50 casts and never get hit, and then a nice fish accommodates my afternoon needs.

regards,

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_160801.jpg
    IMG_20171216_160801.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,268
Nice! When I went out pier fishing a while back, the Rattle Trap was the only thing the stripers had any interest in at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas Speedy Shiner. They come in different colors. They have been around for many years. Changing the subject back to largemouths, way way back when I fished for LMB, my go to were rebel brand rubber worms. Also, the skirted jig baits I see today remind me of Brawley Bass Bugs from many moons ago. I distinctly remember hearing about how great these things were and scratching my head over that mess of rubber strings with a hook in the middle.

Attachments

• Speedy Shiner.png
    Speedy Shiner.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,231

Latest posts