5hp briggs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duke

Reaction score
someone ask me how i like my briggs and how it runs.last two days i took out my neighbor in my 12 ft and briggs,frist time i had anyone go with me since i got the outboard. we trolled around 27 miles on two gals of gas.wide open it ran about 9 or10 mph. with only me it does around 12.my neighbor normally fishes in a ranger or pontoon.been years since he fished in a tin can.we had a great two days. we cover a lot of lake and found some new places to go back to. better yet less than it takes him to warm up his motors.

Man I hope you can help me out I have the same motor that I recently bought. when I took it home it surges at full throttle when out of water I called brigs and they told me to rebuild carb I did that and no help I called them back and they said it was rev limiter ordered it and replaced and this still didnt fix problem on the third call they said that is normal when motor is out of water cause the rev limiter kicks in and once I put in the water that will fix itself. I havent had a chance cause all the rain to try it out at the lake. does yours do the same thing when out of water

Latest posts