68 Richline 15 Refurb & Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketheknife

Reaction score
This is what I started with.

Replaced all of the wood. Added new floatation. New lights and wiring all around. Seats with short riser and slides. Bow storage and anchor guides, bow and stern.

Ready for the first fishing trip tomorrow.
Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.
Mike

Clint KY, It was made from an old trolling motor bracket and part of the shaft. The orange cap is just to keep rain water out. I needed something portable because we also have a 2 person pond boat.
I used a wood dowel in the bottom of the shaft, coated with epoxy, to mount the aluminum channel. Cut a slot in the shaft and dowel and attached the channel with stainless steel bolts. If you look close at pic 1, you can see the channel profile. Also used the same channel to mount the unit to the bracket. I made 2 small nylon spacers to mount the transducer to the channel with a through bolt. Even though every thing is adjustable, the whole set up is very ridge.
If you have any more questions, just holler.
Mike

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=358704#p358704 said:
miketheknife » 07 Jul 2014, 19:00[/url]"]Clint KY, It was made from an old trolling motor bracket
Thanks - I think I will hit the shops to see if I can find a derelict trolling motor. I like you have two boats on which I use my DF. Right now I have the transducer buried in a block of Styrofoam and I just throw it overboard when I use it. However I can not use it at speed as it bounces out of the water often.

Latest posts