8-24, 8-26

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
I slipped out early on monday and wensday this week. Monday was tough only had a few bites, most of which I believe were snakeheads. I did however manage this one little snakehead that took my pop'n broze eye frog fairly deep for being so small. Yesterday the bass were a little more active, and I was able to pull 4 in. First one took a swamp donkey walked along a grass line (next to a drop off were it drops from about 1-2ft to 5-6 ft.) I pulled one more off the grass line a missed a couple. Last fish I watched follow a jig around a bridge wall, I was sure he was gonna turn around seeing as it was in about a foot of water less the a foot away from the bank, but he smaked it, and I crossed his eyes.
Heres some photos of what the grass im fishing looks like
DSCN0257.jpg

DSCN0258.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

These were taking with the tide on its way in and about halfway up, when its low the grass it stacked on top of it self and isnt really fishable.
Heres the little snake head maybe about 14inches
DSCN0260.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

Heres two of the large mouths from wed, guess I didnt take one of the first and last fish.
DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

Nice!

But how did you get your lure out of that snakeheads mouth?? I would have brought out the old bowie knife and ripped him open

russ010 said:
Nice!

But how did you get your lure out of that snakeheads mouth?? I would have brought out the old bowie knife and ripped him open
I used a stick to keep his mouth propped open then just shook the frog till it came unhooked. I didnt want to kill it first because Ive had them go lock jaw on me before.

You can almost walk across that grass mat.
I know them snakeheads are bad but they do have nice markings on them,hear they taste pretty good?
Nice catching.

Captain Ahab said:
Is that the Potomac river? Awesome photos
Yes it is, I tried to get some photos off google maps but I couldnt figure out how to, and unfortunately there satellite images are from the fall so you cant see all the grass, but theres a bridge that I can get some pics off next time if I remember.

Latest posts