A fishing question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassGeek54

Reaction score
OK -- I think I have made it pretty clear that I am a novice fisherman so bear with me on this question...It finally got fairly warm here but it has been raining like crazy. A lot of the streams and rivers are running really fast and high. I don't think I should put my boat in but I was wondering if it is even worth trying to fish from the bank. Can you still catch them with the water really high and fast? Thanks guys.

Firstly it depends on what you are fishing for. In my area when the water is high and swift about all to be had is the occasional trout or northern pikeminnow (squawfish or whitefish) both garbage fish IMO. Sturgeon is viable in those conditions (where I am) and also catfish. I have not had a lot of luck on the bass. It has happened for me....but bass fishing kinda sucks when not in a boat. I have also caught perch in the swift....probably because they were washed out of the stellar country club pond just up the river from my bank fishing hole.

OK, I did get out for about an hour and a half after work today. I tried the spinner baits and I also found a spot near a railroad bridge where the water seemed slower and I tried a jig (I really want to get in on that contest). I didn't catch anything but I had fun being out and I got to practice casting and flipping my baitcasting reels I got over the winter.

Latest posts