A great camp fire on Lake Livingston, Texas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
A great camp fire on Lake Livingston, Texas:
Every time I see a fire in the woods it reminds me of a time back in the 80’s
with 2 friends and my ex step-son on lake Livingston, Texas. We were all fishing in two different boats, my step-son and a friend named Bill in his boat and my other friend and I were in his boat. It was about 30 degrees or so, a slight mist and not a fish was caught after about 4 hours. We had stayed with in sight of each others boat so when we decided to go in we could all load up at the same time. My friend starts looking around and sniffing the air and said, I smell smoke and something else burning. At this time however, we could not see them. He also said, I guarantee that is Bill’s fire somewhere!
We started looking around and saw a fire on a point on White Rock Creek and headed over there. Sure enough, they were there sitting by the fire and roasting “Vienna sausages” because Bill said that is all he had. We sat down and eat and all had a good laugh and warmed up and came back and loaded up. I will never forget that day!! LOL

Latest posts