A new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkintBack

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new boat. I am wanting to get it by the middle of august and have been researching boats again; just this time, I'm going to buy a brand new one. I really like a couple, specifically:
Tracker Grizzly 1648 All Weld
G3 1548 FL or DK
Alumacraft 1648 or 1648 Sierra

This will be a work in progress that after the initial purchase of boat, trailer and bow mount trolling motor, progresses slowly. I'm very interested in any or all comparisons of the above boats. I have a 9.5 hp Johnson outboard that is freshly tuned and runs well. I also have an extra transom mount troller. I have owned 3 tins, a 17' glass bass boat and a 10' 2 man boat. This will mainly be used in smaller lakes near me but occasionally in a large river. I mix up my fishing between panfish and bass. I want an open layout with tiller steer and these are within my budget. Long term plan is some additional storage and a Yamaha 25hp outboard. I think that's all but will answer any questions. I'm very excited to finally be getting a new boat. Any of these boats will fill the bill for what I need in a boat. I just want one that is already decked and floored in aluminum and that will last a long time. Thanks for reading.

You will here nothing but great comments from me about G3.

I have owned a Tracker. OK boat.

I have only owned older (1979 and 1983) Alumacrafts. they were well built.

I love my alumacraft mv1648 ncs. If memory serves i paid 2750.00 for the boat and a load rite trailer brand new last year. I have had it out in the chesapeake bay in 3' waves and while i did get some spray never did it feel unsafe. The ncs model is perfect to build upon with all tje open floor space and it already comes with a decent sizd front deck. I have been unimpressed with the tracker boats I have seen up close. The quality of the welds and overall fit and finish just isnt on par with the other manufacturers.