Abu Garcia reel help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHAHAHA @Abu!! Definitely not the clutch arm!

That's a bearing retainer clip that holds a spool bearing in place on the side plate of a low profile reel. I'm sure that's not supposed to be in there!
Now that you took it out, everything is working correctly again?

In regards to the KC3 and CL3 versus the C3.
KC3, CL3, and C3 are all mechanically the same. They made the different models so that each store could say they have an "exclusive" item. It's just marketing smoke....

Butthead said:
HAHAHAHA @Abu!! Definitely not the clutch arm!

That's a bearing retainer clip that holds a spool bearing in place on the side plate of a low profile reel. I'm sure that's not supposed to be in there!
Now that you took it out, everything is working correctly again?

In regards to the KC3 and CL3 versus the C3.
KC3, CL3, and C3 are all mechanically the same. They made the different models so that each store could say they have an "exclusive" item. It's just marketing smoke....

Hit the nail right on the head. These reels can have these retaining clips it depends on whether or not it has a bearing in the palming side plate or spool tensioning knob. Lots of parts interchange between different models of 4500/4600 reels. I'm currently working on a 7 bearing conversion of a 4500c with the palming side plate.