Abu Garcia Veritas Rods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
Just bought one of the these bad boys the other day. Really nice rod and can't beat the price. I have several of the BPS extreme rods and this thing blows them away. If anyone is looking for a nice rod under $100.00, take a look at these. I bought the 7'3" MH for a flipping stick and it's awesome. Gonna go back and pick up another when money allows.

Nice Gunny - I have been on this pro-qualifier on a brown MH 6.6 - its like night and day. I doubt ill buy another spin caster.

these are really interesting to me. I will soon be buying a couple more rods, these have my interest.

bmurray, when you get a chance to take a look at one let me know if you want one. The place I bought mine from sells them 10 bucks cheaper than BPS and I get a little on top of that. Let me know.

Just look at these at BPS.Man this has to be the lightest rod Ive ever held.I need to get a flippin-pitchin rod ,so I may get one Sunday night,when I can get 2X BPS points.These really seem like excellent quality rods.Now I need to figure out which length to get.
DanD

batman said:
Just look at these at BPS.Man this has to be the lightest rod Ive ever held.I need to get a flippin-pitchin rod ,so I may get one Sunday night,when I can get 2X BPS points.These really seem like excellent quality rods.Now I need to figure out which length to get.
DanD

For pitching the taller the better from what I understand. Everything else I get 7' because it gives you more whip to throw the bait....JMO....

batman said:
DanD

When is the double bps points period?

I got a notice in the mail,10-10-10,from 6-9PM.
I'm gonna get 3 new seats for my boat and one of these rods.
I looked at a 7' long one,seemed like it would be too long for me to use pitching,which is what I'll use it for.Will have to look into it more.
DanD

Batman, take a look at the 7'3" MH. that's what I bought and use for a flippin stick. I was trying to use a 6'6" for flippin and pitching but was failing badly. When I got the 7'3" it was much easier and I could get the baits way futher under docks, bushes, and other structure. The longer rod helps. I also thought the longer rod would be too long but it works nicely.

Thanks gunny146,
I think the 7'3" is the way I'm going to go.Now I need to shop for a reel to go with it,lol.

Just got back from BPS,getting 2X points.
Picked up 7'3" MH Veritas rod and a Revo Winch.Gonna juggle around some rods and reels until I get them the way I like um.
I love BPS :)

I picked one up at BPS over the weekend. It felt good. I just wish the handle was a bit longer.

Latest posts