Aftermarket oil filters for outboards ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanMC

Reaction score
Hi, i have a question !, for cars/trucks we have so many options when comes to aftermarket parts like oil filters...i do like Bosch,Mobil 1,K&N,etc....but when comes to outboards are we limited to just OEM ?...how do i know they are not made by Fram ( :shock: :evil: )...i have to admit...i just don't trust Fram one bit...i just would not use Fram on anything,period. Does anyone know of a premium aftermarket option ?
Thank you.
Dan

I only use NAPA Gold Filters on my truck and my tractor. The Gold filters are made by Wix which is said to be some of the best filters available. NAPA carries filters for just about anything. Take your part number and the brand in and they can do a cross check and see if they have one to fit.

i dont use mercury filters as the last one i told the girl "yeah order me one and send it to me" i just happened to be at a marina. i do not have a mercury dealer near me. well it cost me about $25. never again!