all aluminum transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nlawson0017

Reaction score
im getting all my material to do a aluminum transom and other bracing on my boat and want to make sure i buy enough and the right thickness, to get rid of all the wood in the boat. i was wondering if anyone has pictures of a system that works great on a transom.

also my transom was 2" thick so im goin to be using 2" square tubing and was hoping to get away with 3/16 thick tubing with a 60hp or 90hp outboard. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2 x 3/16" sq tubing should be adequate, provided that the framework is properly laid out and connected to existing structural members of the hull.

Go look at some of the rebuilds other members have done. I have a buddy who had a 1648 that had the transom raised with aluminum, after a season you could see stress points on it due to it not being done correctly. He only had a 40 jet on it..

Maybe he will post some picts........

I know this was an older post, we're you able to complete the project? I'm trying to do the same exact thing...

Latest posts