Alright, here we go...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to slip a block in at the top of the transom this weekend and run it and see what happens. It's an easy 2" lift, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Been a while, but finally took the time from working or choosing to fish instead of improving the boat to add a back deck... also put on a tiller extension which is the greatest thing ever. And the newer, higher transom has been dialed in exactly right.
IMAG0032_zps933764c3.jpg

IMAG0033_zpsafd23f74.jpg

IMAG0034_zps7ba325e6.jpg

It's removable, floats on the rear bench and four supports made from alum angle and square tubing that don't show in these pics.
It sits flush and looks slick when I don't have a rope under it (no idea why that was there in the pics).

Trying to keep it super-clean and simple. Next step is to to the front, gotta do all the bracing first.
The deck is 1/2" ply, coated w/epoxy resin then covered in Nautilex vinyl. I used contact cement because I am not a patient type, but if you go this route you really need another set of hands with you to ensure the right surfaces touch when/where you want them to. Of course, I did it alone. And learned just exactly how strong that initial bond can be (not stronger than me though).

Latest posts