Aluminum Boats; Which One?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Ray

Reaction score
First post; a friend on texaskayakfisherman.com said this was the place to come with aluminum boat questions:

I am going to buy an aluminum boat between 17 and 20 feet, center console, 40 or 70 HP, 4-stroke Suzuki motor depending on length. I will be using it primarily on rivers and lakes in Central Texas. Lake Waco, the Brazos and Bosque primarily, and on the Coast at times. My choices on brands are SeaArk, Alumacraft, and Xpress. I have a favorite at this time, but wanted to ask those of you who have these boats, which brand would you choose and why. I haven't bought and haven't decided yet and am looking for all of the suggestions and thoughts I can get. I would like to make an informed decision.

Thanks!!

Ray

I have the same requirements and i looked at them ALL.
try these instead :
https://www.silverstreakboats.com/index.php?pageid=3&itemid=8
why a center console ? A cabin model is better in 17ft. Have a look at the hard and soft cabins too.
if youre not going on the coast much get a jetboat in 17ft.

My next tin boat will probably be a 22' xpress h22 bay. I love the all around fishability of the CC.

I believe the xpress boats come rigged with Yamaha's.

I've got a Sea Ark. Xpress is nice. G3's are nice, not sure about center console. I don't think Crestliner makes a center console.

I'd see if you can ride in Xpress. They are supposedly the smoothest riding Aluminum boats.

Sea Ark makes the toughest tin boats. The coastal 200 has .125 gauge aluminum, along with some other models. I don't know if anyone else using .125 other than SeaArk. They are tanks.

I wouldn't mind having a SeaArk.

If I am to get another boat I will be looking into an Excel boat. They have longitudinal rib construction, triple taper chine and as well make a .125 hull.

https://www.excelboats.net/#

Latest posts