any black powder owners here??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha!

That's not the receiver. That is the breech plug. :wink:

The receiver is technically that thing that your bolt is riding in and the trigger group bolts to.

yeah thats what it is lol i forgot the name of it i new it was either breech plug or reciver lol

Quackrstackr said:
Aha!

That's not the receiver. That is the breech plug. :wink:

The receiver is technically that thing that your bolt is riding in and the trigger group bolts to.

so when you commin down to the mountains for some hands on lessons #-o

If you want to come to KY, I'll teach you more than you ever wanted to know about those things. :lol:

They are a lot of fun to shoot but I hate cleaning them, especially when you shoot old fashioned black powder or Pyrodex. I shoot the newer clean burning powders now but they are still a pain to disassemble and clean up even if you only shoot it one time.

One thing that you may or may not know along that line... clean it every time after you are done shooting it, very soon afterwards (within 24 hours) unless you want a barrel that is eaten alive by rust and chemical reaction. You can not treat a m/l like a regular gun that shoots smokeless.