Any Interest in a Rally/Get-together?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great to me, it a be a 4 hour drive for us. Now I'm assuming bring the family correct? reason I ask is I went thru something similar and me and another fellow showed up with wivfe and kids and we was the only ones :lol: Talk about a stare down.

Also I have never been there but I heard it can get really shallow on the water, and you may be better off renting a boat cause they had them rigged up for shallow? is that a rumor or not?

It looks like a 750mi., 13hr drive straight though to Dale Hollow State Park in kentucky for me. A little long, but not out of the question. If it works out for me I would bring my tracker. As far as I can tell the lake has some good depth to it. They do scuba and spear fishing there. Iam sure its like any other lake, with Its shallow flats and dropoffs.

FishingBuds said:
Sounds great to me, it a be a 4 hour drive for us. Now I'm assuming bring the family correct? reason I ask is I went thru something similar and me and another fellow showed up with wivfe and kids and we was the only ones :lol: Talk about a stare down.

Also I have never been there but I heard it can get really shallow on the water, and you may be better off renting a boat cause they had them rigged up for shallow? is that a rumor or not?

Dale Hollow is DEEP. Even when I head down to fish smallmouth in the winter and it is at winter pool the lake is very deep.

alumacraftjoe said:
FishingBuds said:

Dale Hollow is DEEP. Even when I head down to fish smallmouth in the winter and it is at winter pool the lake is very deep.

Yea my bad, I'm actually thinking of another one, its REELFOOT LAKE in TN, its right there by state 55 highway, thats the one I here is mostly shallow and they have speciale boats built for it??? like I said its a rumor for me, anyone been there? what about you WaterWings?

Jim said:
Just throwing this out there, Its not set in stone.........How does legendary Dale Hollow in Tennessee sound?

For me and Marine0321 and Remo it would be a 20 hour drive (1009 miles roughly) If I tow a boat, or a quick flight if we rent a boat.

Im there!!! Let me know when it is!! I can wait to get back to Dale Hollow!!! Im sure that if we do do this at DH, everyone will have a great time!!! Plus you cant beat being out in the middle of nowhere!!! That place is amazing!!!

FishingBuds said:
alumacraftjoe said:
FishingBuds said:

Yea my bad, I'm actually thinking of another one, its REELFOOT LAKE in TN, its right there by state 55 highway, thats the one I here is mostly shallow and they have speciale boats built for it??? like I said its a rumor for me, anyone been there? what about you WaterWings?

Nope, never been there. When we owned the Tracker we only went to KY/Barkley Lakes.

I've seen Dale Hollow on TV. Been wanting to go there for a long time. I would be up for the 6 hr drive. Lets make this thing happen!

Looks like lots of coves to hide in from the bigger boats... LOL I'll have a bailing bucket with me just in case... :D

I'm in for it since I only live 1.5 hrs away and suggested the Hollow back on the 17th of July. Now I'll have to try to find some new honney holes.

Ok, It seems like there is enough interest for the first one. :beer:

What I need to do is find a place that has lodging, boat rentals, and boat docks right on the water, and a place that will allow us to set up a few chairs, tables, grills and stuff. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also we need to nail down a few dates to move forward. I'm thinking July-August 2009. 3 days?

Open to all suggestions.

Jim said:
Ok, It seems like there is enough interest for the first one. :beer:

What I need to do is find a place that has lodging, boat rentals, and boat docks right on the water, and a place that will allow us to set up a few chairs, tables, grills and stuff. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also we need to nail down a few dates to move forward. I'm thinking July-August 2009. 3 days?

Open to all suggestions.

I think fall would be better. Pretty sure it is mostly all night fishing in the summer months because the lake is so clear. I only usually fish there Nov-Feb.

Summer months are mainly good at night... the day can be tough. Mid fall should be great...

Jim, did you get my PM with the info?

I also agree, Jul-Aug is really hot in Tenn and fishing during the day when it is 95-100 plus is not any fun.... Fall would be much, much better.

I didn't see an answer to someone's question regarding whether this is a family event or only for fishermen-women members?

I would make the drive for the event then also make it a vacation as well while in the area. Coun't me in so far (but probably not if it is in July/Aug).

Im interested but dont know about that 11hour drive, i could prob cut that down to 8 or 9 the way I drive but still, I think the longest road trip i have made on my own was from oc md to morgantown wv, and that was only about 6 hours.

Everyone start throwing dates out there so we can narrow down a time frame.

End of September maybe? I would assume families welcome! I don't have a problem with it.

I might recommend sometime around Mid October... The leaves should be turning around that time and those of you who might be making a vacation out this, would really enjoy the scenery... if mother nature cooperates of course.

G3_Guy said:
I might recommend sometime around Mid October... The leaves should be turning around that time and those of you who might be making a vacation out this, would really enjoy the scenery... if mother nature cooperates of course.

Concur, 3rd week of October 2009. Family time, I'll bring mine if ya bring yours :D

How about thinking of some friendly competition, 2 person team drawed from a hat?? winners get bragging rights or we could play for pinks :lol:

Jim bring your new grill :lol:

This is a great idea, hopefully it will all work out. I have no idea how long the drive would be, but it would be worth it to meet everyone. I am sure I could find some other local members to do a car pool. Make the plans and I will try my best to be there.

Latest posts