Any Interest in a Rally/Get-together?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bubba said:
Wow, Thanks for all the research FishinCop! That's awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :beer:

Ditto what he said! Let me know if I can help in anyway.

seaarc said:
Sounds like a possibility I have always wanted to check out Dale Hollow. World renowned for smallmouth 8)

Dave

"The largest smallmouth bass ever reported weighed 11 pounds, 15 ounces. It was caught in Dale Hollow Lake on the border between Tennessee and Kentucky in 1955."

https://www.grandfishingreport.com/pgs/lakeinfo/species/smallmouthbass/smallmouth.htm

'09 could be the year the record is broken :wink:

ST

Can someone take the time to tell me what this Rally is all about. How it works, anybody welcome, fees etc. Also, type of boats? I have a Tracker 1754 with 60hp tiller. OK for Dale Hollow??? Would like to bring my son down for a good time but we don't fish for crap! IM me or e-mail me if you will. Thanks

dunk50 said:
Can someone take the time to tell me what this Rally is all about. How it works, anybody welcome, fees etc. Also, type of boats? I have a Tracker 1754 with 60hp tiller. OK for Dale Hollow??? Would like to bring my son down for a good time but we don't fish for crap! IM me or e-mail me if you will. Thanks

Got to the first post in Watering Hole - https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4546 then go to the first page of the Dale Hollow topic. That explains it all....

Then go to the next post - the update on the dale hollow trip to see more ... https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9127

No fees (just your lodging) any boat, any TinBoater, not a rally, just a get together to meet, fish, socialize, etc. Families, single, kids, everyone is welcome. Check out Dale Hollow on line for the fishing info - but is is renown for Small Mouth, has everything else too - lg mouth, walleyes, crappies, whites, stripers, etc.....

dunk50 said:

Paul, you can fish next to me and I promise with the way I fish, you and your son will shine.

dunk50 said:

Exactly how fishingcop explained it! It is just a social gathering with a little fishing thrown in.
I will be renting a tiny boat there, so your boat will be more than perfect.

Popeye said:
dunk50 said:

Paul, you can fish next to me and I promise with the way I fish, you and your son will shine.

Paul... I've fished with Popeye (formally know as Flonderhead) before ............. watch out, he'll accuse you of cutting loose his lunkers when he gets them up to the boat :p ------ actually, that sould be "lunker", not "lunkers" :lol: :lol:

BTW did you mean you don't fish for "crap" or "carp" ??? :lol:

Popeye said:
I think it was lunkers but you cut my line before he bit. :lol:

Yeah, that's it, I have ESP and cut your line before they bite!!, yeah, that's it, yeah! I do that with everyone I fish with, so I don't get out fished, yeah, that's it, yeah..... :lol: Take me again with you and I'll show you how to catch the big ones, yeah, that's the ticket, yeah.... :wink:

How do you feel about riding in my boat out on Lake Michigan going after some Fall Kings? Fall they come in closer so we don't have to go out so deep. Closer in just in case the waves pick up. I have to take my kicker in for repairs (when ever I get more than 1 day off in a row).

Popeye said:
How do you feel about riding in my boat out on Lake Michigan going after some Fall Kings? Fall they come in closer so we don't have to go out so deep. Closer in just in case the waves pick up. I have to take my kicker in for repairs (when ever I get more than 1 day off in a row).

Actually, in all seriousness, I have always admired your ability to take you boat (sorry, don't know the style/size/etc) out so far into Lake Michigan... I don't think I'd have the nerve, let alone experience, to go out as far as you go on the big lake with the wave height that you challenge..... I'm comfortable in the Fox Chain, but I think I'd really like a bigger boat to head out into Michigan the way that you do... Your past posts prove the success of fishing out there, but.... I must say, I'm more comfortable facing an armed criminal (or at least before I retired) than I'd be out there with those big waves in a samll bass type boat like yours ------------- You've got my admiration on that for sure....

yep, a little biten goin on there kids, (fishincop and Popeye), at this point I kinda envy you guys knowing each other. Thinking real serious about going but my son is taking the grandkids to Disneyworld in early Oct. soee I would be making the trip solo. (which I can do). None of you would happen to be Bourbon drinkers during the evening would you???? [-o< :wink:

dunk50 said:
yep, a little biten goin on there kids, (fishincop and Popeye), at this point I kinda envy you guys knowing each other. Thinking real serious about going but my son is taking the grandkids to Disneyworld in early Oct. soee I would be making the trip solo. (which I can do). None of you would happen to be Bourbon drinkers during the evening would you???? [-o< :wink:

I have been acquainted with Mr. Jim Beam of Clermont, Ky for quite a few years now. I'm sure the three of us could strike up quite a conversation in the evenings.

Mossy535 said:
dunk50 said:

I have been acquainted with Mr. Jim Beam of Clermont, Ky for quite a few years now. I'm sure the three of us could strike up quite a conversation in the evenings.

Been an aquaintance of Jim myself for quite a while. Now, I'm sure a purist would find this offensive but he and I used to sit around enjoying some Diet Coke together. Not often did I ever drink it without a mixer.

Well, Popeye your in for a treat. I take mine with coke (not diet) also. Figure I paid for it, I can drink it like I want. But no JB for me. Old Weller Antique 107 or some Van Winkle or in a pinch Maker Mark. I'll have to try converting you at the Rally???

dunk50 said:
Well, Popeye your in for a treat. I take mine with coke (not diet) also. Figure I paid for it, I can drink it like I want. But no JB for me. Old Weller Antique 107 or some Van Winkle or in a pinch Maker Mark. I'll have to try converting you at the Rally???

I've heard that Maker's Mark was pretty good stuff. Isn't that the stuff Martha Stewart drinks?

dunk50 said:

Sacrilege!!!!

You don't mix good bourbon with coke!!! That's reserved for cheap swill like that stuff from TN. [-X

Your drinking license is now in jeapordy of being revoked.

(so sayeth the man from KY with an affinity for our gift to the world) :mrgreen:

Try yourself some Woodford Reserve if you haven't had it. I keep a bottle of it onhand for the run of the mill "medicinal" purposes.

Quackrstackr said:
dunk50 said:

Sacrilege!!!!

You don't mix good bourbon with coke!!! That's reserved for cheap swill like that stuff from TN. [-X

Your drinking license is now in jeapordy of being revoked.

(so sayeth the man from KY with an affinity for our gift to the world) :mrgreen:

Try yourself some Woodford Reserve if you haven't had it. I keep a bottle of it onhand for the run of the mill "medicinal" purposes.

Guess I'm sacriligious, lol. In the winter, I drink Jim Beam Black mixed with coke (preferably pepsi) and very little ice.

Waterwings said:
Guess I'm sacriligious, lol. In the winter, I drink Jim Beam Black mixed with coke (preferably pepsi) and very little ice.

The only bourbon that you will normally see me drinking with a soft drink is Wild Turkey. There's something about it that just tastes "right" together.

Mixing with a soft drink just kills the subtle flavors of good bourbon. If I am going to mix with soft drinks, I will do it with the cheap stuff.

Latest posts