any killin?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I killed a smallish button buck earlier today. I thought it was a doe, and it was the bigger of two deer in the field. I dropped it with the first shot that took out a lung and shoulder, but this deer wouldn't die without a fight. Within 20 seconds, I put two more shots that went in his back and took out the heart. I would bet this deer would have been dead within a minute, but I didn't want to take the chance that it would suffer.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-8.jpg

i killed a button buck 2 years ago shot it in the gut and it took 2 more shots with a 308 to kill it i shot it with a 7mm08 i guess button bucks a tough lol but after i shot my 6 pt yesterday 10 minutes later a doe and a little button buck came out i shot the 6py in the heart it ran like 20 yards in the woods i shot it with a muzzleloader at about 150 yards

150 yds .... nice!

gotta love the blood fishinslife :mrgreen:

well bow season has turned to poo on me. only got in the stands about 3 times so far and only seen the same ole doe w/ her baby fawn

wile ginsing huntin this weekend me and my buddy did find a really nice bed with rub's all over the tree's around it. hopefully my luck will change when gun season starts and my new stand gets here

I still haven't been.

We did take the chainsaws and cleared a trail into the place yesterday. I pitched out about 100lbs of crabapples that I had raked up in my yard Saturday as well.

This coming weekend is m/l season so I suppose I will give it a go since the temps are supposed to take a big drop about Wednesday. I bought a new bow the year before last and haven't hunted with it a dozen times since I bought it. These 85-90 degree Octobers have become the norm here.

Quackrstackr said:
These 85-90 degree Octobers have become the norm here.

Same here, I've been in the woods one time and passed on a few does feeding under my stand.. I just find it hard to get in the mood to hunt with the temps in the 80's and I like the weather to be cool enough to let a deer "season" a little before butchering it... So it looks like I'll have a couple more nice days to fish before I really get into hunting mode.

Andy said:
Quackrstackr said:
These 85-90 degree Octobers have become the norm here.

Same here, I've been in the woods one time and passed on a few does feeding under my stand.. I just find it hard to get in the mood to hunt with the temps in the 80's and I like the weather to be cool enough to let a deer "season" a little before butchering it... So it looks like I'll have a couple more nice days to fish before I really get into hunting mode.

x2

yea it is to hot but the deer are movin because the rut is starting right now where i hunt so i usually see a deer almost every tim i site in the stand but i cant wait till this weekend its opening weekend for general gun and i get to use the dogs :D :D

Boy yall get some nice ones up there. Down here in florida we get the little uns but we do get some nice hogs. Last weekend I got a nice(eating)size with the bow . It was 120 lbs. But my general gun opens up in november 8th, so I am really happy. I now OWN my first gun(ive been using my dads) Its a 1974 30-30 Winchester. Perfect brush gun but im hoping to get the buck thats been on my feeder all summer long. Ill try to post a picture. I believe hes a 8 pointer but i dont know now that hes sheded his rack I hope hes bigger this year

bass_assassin99 said:
Boy yall get some nice ones up there. Down here in florida we get the little uns but we do get some nice hogs. Last weekend I got a nice(eating)size with the bow . It was 120 lbs. But my general gun opens up in november 8th, so I am really happy. I now OWN my first gun(ive been using my dads) Its a 1974 30-30 Winchester. Perfect brush gun but im hoping to get the buck thats been on my feeder all summer long. Ill try to post a picture. I believe hes a 8 pointer but i dont know now that hes sheded his rack I hope hes bigger this year
yeah in florida we do got alot of hogs i hunt in georgia but i hunt in florida sometimes im goin to hunt in madison county where floridas biggest deer was killed because my grandpa knows the guy that owns it and if u kill a deer that has horns that are not past the ears he makes u pay $1000

Got one with the muzzleloader.

did it go threw him or is that just blood that squirted out after u shot um? pretty deer anyways

well temps are startin to drop up here in the morning and evening, and i finally got a new grand ole man climber stand so i can get back up in the tree's! hope to have somethin to show off soon :mrgreen:

Loggerhead Mike, the bullet passed through him. What you see in the picture is the exit side, it was a heart/lung shot. I take it you're curious about a muzzleloader's take down ability. I took this deer with a .45 caliber pushed by 100grs of triple 7. A shot taken with most rifle calibers, same placement, would have a fist sized exit hole so there's some differences. Distance for that shot was 80 yards. He ran about 50 yards. Shot placement and the patience to wait for the right shot, regardless of what you hunt with is the most important factor. I've used 300 magnums down to a .243 on deer, they all work If I do my part.

i will i was sittin in the stand with him and i fell asleap and he seen the deer walk up the patch and it was to far to shot it with his gun so because it didnt have a scope on it so he reached over me picked the gun up and killed it he shot it and it scared the pee out of me i woke up seen the deer runin up the patch strait toward the stand so i picked up his gun and was about to shot it but it feel 20 yards from where he shot it he shot it perfect in the heart i guess it just ran till it ran out of air and fell but you shoulda seen him shakin then 20 minutes later 3 does came out i thought about shootin 1 but then i waited to see if a buck would come but he didnt but we did here 1 grunt that was the best day our club had in a long time 8 people killed deer that night and my other brother killed a 6 point the biggest deer killed was a 9 point didnt have my camera to take a picture though.

I missed a BIG buck on Sunday...It was getting dark and I saw what I thought was a bush on the other side of the bean field. I eventually put the scope up on it and it was a big buck, really tall and outside the ears looking right at me. I didn't count the points because I knew I would start shaking. I put the crosshairs on the base of his neck and squeezed. I didn't see him run off or drop, but I heard him/other deer blowing in the woods behind where I shot. He didn't drop and I couldn't find any blood so I assumed I missed him. It was a 175 yard shot, but I thought I was dead steady on him..

i had a chance to get a big one put couldn't get the clear shot i wanted so i went to the jiffy store and bought some jacks links beef jerky ran back to camp threw the links in the picnic basket and set a trap about three hours later i hear a commotion going on near the pen's and you want believe it but i had manage to catch Bigfoot and yogi Bear

no killin here,,,passed on a few smallish bucks...got the Rut starting up in a couple of weeks and i got a week of vacation so lets hope a giant comes by.

Latest posts