Any of you running your jets?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324908#p324908 said:
bulldog » Yesterday, 19:05[/url]"]I ran the Meramec from Times Beach up about 4 miles past the Palisades yesterday and there was only one spot that was really shady. Lots of spots under 12" but the boat did perfect. The river level was at -2.61 feet. Lots of people out. I did happen to find a 60'x100' hole that was 22' deep at its deepest. Side imaging was showing tons of large fish hold the bottom. I'm going back this weekend with my catfish rods. Hopefully they were catfish and not Asian carp. It is the deepest hole I have ever found on the Meramec.

I was running back to the ramp to head home and happened upon a really nice 18' Legend SS all the way out of the water and nosed in to the bank. It took about 8 guys to get it back in the water. The front had a nice fold in it. The story I got was the owner of the boat let his buddy who had been drinking take a girl for a ride and he wrecked it. She was pretty banged up. Just a bad and unfortunate situation. The boat was in such an odd spot also. Perfectly straight part of the river with no obstructions. Just bad judgement I guess. I felt bad for the lot of them.

That's a bad deal. The wreck with the two guys in the Gator Boat on the Gasconade was all over the news a few months ago. I wonder if this will be the same way or if it was kept hush hush. If the guy driving isn't used to running big jet boats then I can see how he could of wrecked in a non treacherous area. As much as I run my 1852, I feel like a newbie when I try driving my buddies 1860/225ho setup. The first time I drove it I nearly lost control because I didn't ease off the throttle soon enough when going in to a turn. His boat ran around 50 where as I was used to the mid 30's that mine ran. That about a butt pucker factor of 8. :LOL2:

Latest posts