any one familiar with mini airboats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassjunkie

Reaction score
i am thinking about taking my yazoo 1448 and converting it to an airboat i have been through prop after prop over the years in the cahaba river in alabama i was just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas

No idea on the airboat question, there was a company that i saw a link on here about a mudboat ithink? and they also built airboats. you might try a search on mudboat comps. you also might look into receced hull muboats (jet powered) for really shallow water.

btw. did you know clay ala. is the source of the cahaba? what part do you fish? its really shallow here......

i fish in bibb and perry counties there are a few deep spots here but alot of shallowplaces and those mud motors are too expensive for me i have most of the stuff to build a airboat i just need some advice on how i need to put it all together

Long shaft mud motors are way simpler to build than a mini air flow outfit. I would also think that you will get more thrust per dollar spent with a mud motor. Fan motors light enough to work with enough HP to push 14' boat will cost 2 - 3 tims what a new mud motor of equivilant thrust.

Water is just easier to push against than air. good luck

Mark F. Cheney

bassjunkie said:
i fish in bibb and perry counties there are a few deep spots here but alot of shallowplaces and those mud motors are too expensive for me i have most of the stuff to build a airboat i just need some advice on how i need to put it all together
the company i was thinking of had airboat versions as well as hull modified boats for more shallow waters,,,they may have some ideas for you....the link that i saw was on a post here on this site...

yeah i found that link and called to check the prices and it was almost 6k for the 24hp honda kit and i already have a 35hp vangard horizontal shaft motor a stand to put it on i was just wondering if anyone knew hot to rig the steering linkage to the rudders and the throttle linkage and propeller length and pitch i mean i basically have everything i need to build it just not the know how

do a search on google i ran across a company making and selling johnboat airboats. them things are sweet but not for the poor man

Latest posts